Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
question about 3KHz
Posted by: pierre87
Date: November 26, 2017 01:51PM
In January I may buy a disk frequency 3 KHz for my 705, is it really worth knowing that I own the 7.5 coiltek (WOT)? Advice needed knowing that I do not want a large disk because too tiring and it weakens the armrest.

Re: question about 3KHz
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: November 26, 2017 06:59PM
If you don't have massive trash to sort through the 9" 3kHz CC is a good coil to have, and not too heavy.
Of the three WOT coils, the LF is the heaviest.

Ingham County, Michigan

Date: November 29, 2017 06:24AM
thanks for the info. No my fields are not trashy. The only trashy one, i do with the little 18 KHz for roman coins :detecting:

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: December 02, 2017 08:05PM
I usto not like the concentric coils for no other reason than reading all the rave about the dd coils..One night I put the stock concentric coil on and re hunted a site I’ve hit numerous times and found a ton of coins and a ring..Changed my whole way of looking at the concentric coil,Longhair is definitely right on the 9 inch 3 kHz..

Date: December 09, 2017 05:55PM
So you recommande the concentric?

Date: December 09, 2017 08:00PM
pierre87
So you recommande the concentric?
Until the advent of the 6" & 15" DD 3kHz coils the 9" was my favorite.

Ingham County, Michigan

Date: December 30, 2017 05:15AM

thanks for all your advices, i received my coil today with a few goodies. No bolt and nut for the coil, that's a bad point but on the plus one the cover was with it.

Date: December 30, 2017 09:24AM
:thumbup: That's great Pierre!
I can't wait for your impression of it at your sites, and I'm eager to see what cool stuff you find.

Ingham County, Michigan

Date: December 30, 2017 04:47PM
today, 1h30 out hunting with the new coil on previously hunted ground with the 7,5KHz and the WOT 7,5KHz. Nothing! just a iron bracelet on the surface, tomorrow another test, but for the moment i'm not impressed. The terrain in question was full of coins, i was hoping to gain some depth with the 3 KHz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login