Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Whats the go to coil for CW relics
Posted by: MidTenn
Date: December 12, 2017 02:14PM
I have been hunting Civil War relics for the past year or so with a 505 I bought second hand that has the stock 9" concentric coil on it. I was thinking about ordering me a new 705 and was wondering what your opinion was on the best coil to get that would work on the 505 or 705 for Civil War relic hunting? The ground I hunt does not have all that many mineral's in it that I can tell from my ground balance numbers. Thanks for the info.

MidTenn

Re: Whats the go to coil for CW relics
Posted by: ngrelic
Date: December 13, 2017 02:18AM
10.5" 7.5 kHz DD coil. The 705 is as deep as any VLF detector with this coil and runs smooth as silk ( that's my experience here in NW Ga. ).

Barry

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: December 13, 2017 04:50AM
For deep bullets I like the 9inch 18khz coil. I have dug bullets at over 13 inches with it. What I have found is a lot of -8s are really deep bullets that are to deep to Id right. For all other relics I like both 10.5 coils.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Date: December 14, 2017 08:53AM
Thanks for the info on the coils. I have noticed with 9" concentric that really deep bullets give me negative number as well that will jump around like a iron signal. I had read in a post on here before that the 10.5 was a great coil for relics but I was unsure about the frequency. I cant wait to get the 705.

Date: December 14, 2017 07:25PM
I use a 70. I have had several 70's and 705''s. The 10.5 18khz will hit on the lead a little bit better but the 10.5 7.5khz will hit on the buttons and things like that a little better out of the two 10.5 coils. I think I have nine coils. A lot of minelab coils and a couple other coils. I like the 6inch 18.75 khz in the trash. That coil has pulled out a lot of bullets and other relics that I have watched my friends swing right over in front of me and then couldn't believe I was digging good targets out of it.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Date: December 14, 2017 07:48PM
Thanks gain for the info. I think I will get the 10.5 7.5khz to start out with and save for a 6 inch coil. I cant wait to go over my old sites with the new 705 and 10.5 DD coil to see what I have been missing. I have yet to hook up with a hunting buddy so I have pretty much researched and found my own places and learned the hard way on how to use a detector. Most of my friends are still deer hunters and waterfowl hunters that I cant convert to metal detecting. Diggers instruction manual was a big help though on learning how to use my x-terra.

Date: December 15, 2017 04:50AM
I use to hunt all the time. Now all I want to do is detect. The key to the xterra is when you think you are swinging to slow slow down some more.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Posted by: pan4au
Date: December 15, 2017 09:11AM
Welcome from W. Tn. I guess it would vary from where you hunt.. a fairly clean site a larger coil like the 10.5" where a trashy site you might want a 6" coil just my 2ยข

Tn. TH'er
Nox 800
Minelab E-trac..
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Minelab Pro-Find 35
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Date: December 21, 2017 02:20PM
I think maybe I will just wait on the Equinox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login