Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
The wife went to bed, so I quit thinking and just didi it.....
Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: December 18, 2017 01:08AM
I've always loved my 705. It was the machine that I found my first silver coin with a few years back and posted on this forum with excitement. The knowledge that I gathered from several of you guys here was indispensable in learning how to use that X-Terra and made me a better detectorist period. It was the first of a few Minelab machines that I would own. I've predominately used an FBS machine over the past few years, but recently pulled the 705 out and have been wanting to get reacquainted with it again. It is really a wonderful machine that is so very capable of filling the treasure bag with whatever treasure one decides to hunt for....very versatile and excellent machine. I once again down loaded Diggers E-book and reread it as I did years ago. I have reread so many posts by Old Long Hair, Digger and several more that made this site a huge wealth of knowledge for any one willing to take the time and learn. I kinda took this thread down a rabbit hole when all I really wanted to say is that I bought another one. With the price for a new unit as low as it is now, I just decided to get another 705 ordered tonight. I also ordered the 6 inch 3 Khz Digger coil for the arsenal as well. Always wanted to try that coil on some of those old trashy sites that I know have some goodies in amongst the trash. I'm gonna have fun with the X-Terra 705 again! Gonna apply myself to learning and using it better than I did the first go around and I did really well with it then. I am excited just thinking about it. Thanks for reading my ramble......T.R.

slightly north of central Alabama

Minelab Etrac
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Silver uMax
Tesoro Tiger Shark

Re: The wife went to bed, so I quit thinking and just didi it.....
Posted by: homebre
Date: December 18, 2017 07:43AM
Have fun with it again. I Switch off between my Xterra 705 and a Vaq. I use the Vaq when there isn't much trash around and use the 705 for everything else.

Andy from Hillsborough

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: December 18, 2017 08:28AM
I hope you find lots of silver.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Posted by: coherent
Date: December 18, 2017 09:41AM
Great detector! Based on your enthusiasm I'm sure you'll have lots of new finds in the coming new year! Have fun!

Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: December 19, 2017 06:52PM
homebre
Have fun with it again. I Switch off between my Xterra 705 and a Vaq. I use the Vaq when there isn't much trash around and use the 705 for everything else.

Andy from Hillsborough

Yeah, I have a Vaquero as well. It is a really good machine too, but without a lot of practice with the disc you definitely will dig a lot. What coil or coils do you use most often on your 705?

Posted by: homebre
Date: December 19, 2017 10:06PM
I use a LF concentric 9" coil and the stock 9 inch concentric.,

Posted by: pplinker
Date: December 23, 2017 08:51AM
Since getting XP Deus, I only use the 705 when I'm charging the Deus. Yesterday I found a wheat penny in an area I had been over many times with the Deus. I've also found things with Deus that I didn't with the 705. There's something to be gained switching between detectors. Maybe even an old 705 and a new one might produce different results. Now you'll have a new one for many years and not have to worry if they quit making them. Hope you have lots of memorable hunts and enjoy getting reacquainted with it.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login