Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
run over with a plow but i'll take it!!
Posted by: mike slaw4all
Date: December 28, 2017 10:48PM
my first barber dime (also my oldest coin so far) and it was hit really bad by a plow putting in this years winter wheat.
also my first model T key, (i had to look it up) the bottom half of the key is broken off and it was too dirty to read anything so i almost trashed it. the back of it has "72" stamped in it.
the 1917 wheat penny sounded so rough i almost left it in the ground.
still really cool to find my first barber though!!:beers: i still can't believe it.

Re: run over with a plow but i'll take it!!
Posted by: homebre
Date: December 29, 2017 10:47AM
Nice finds. I found my only barber dime sitting right on top of a dirt drive of an old church after a heavy rain.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: December 29, 2017 04:21PM
100 year old penny! Great finds!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: December 29, 2017 07:10PM
That is a really nice barber. That will get your heart pumping seeing that laying in your dirt pile.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: December 29, 2017 08:30PM
Congratulations on the barber...great find!

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: December 30, 2017 09:21AM
Great finds! :clapping:
I love hunting farm fields! Whenever you find something it's a thrill, and you just never know in advance what it could be. I've found Indian Heads in the same row as Wheats and Memorials, obviously dropped at very different times.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: homebre
Date: December 30, 2017 11:13AM
The farmers in your area must have been richer than around here! I usually find a lot of old iron and shotgun shells. But I keep trying!
Andy from Hillsborough

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: December 30, 2017 03:29PM
The best finds in farm fields aren't dropped by farmers. They are lost by the inhabitants of homes that once stood where there is nothing but field now. My best and oldest finds come from field hunting old home sites where the house has been gone for 100+yrs. It takes some research, but it's worth it.

Ingham County, Michigan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login