Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A short afternoon hunt gets me a first...
Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: December 29, 2017 09:18PM
I was able to cut outa work a bit early the other day with a quick hunt in mind. I ended up hunting a large field behind a local school for about two hours. I dug several coins and a small button. Right about the time I was getting ready to leave because it was getting dark, I dug another signal and pulled another nickel. This nickel came out silver and shiny. Not rusty red looking like most nickels I have dug. I thought that strange and then I looked at the date......1945!! I found my first war nickel! I was using the 7.5 Khz DD coil. Very happy about this find and glad that I slipped outa work early.

(I couldn't get the picture upright ..sorry)

Re: A short afternoon hunt gets me a first...
Posted by: txop
Date: December 30, 2017 12:19AM
Great find.

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: December 30, 2017 07:40AM
I remember the first one I found too. I couldn't figure out why it was still shiny. That same year I found about 3 of them.
Congratulations.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: December 30, 2017 09:12AM
Congrats on the war nickel!
Whenever I find one it's usually dirty enough that I'd have to rub it to see a date, so if a shiny nickel comes out of the ground the first thing I do is flip it over to see if it has a "P" above the dome on Monticello.

Ingham County, Michigan

Posted by: Tired Rooster
Date: December 30, 2017 09:05PM
I appreciate it fellas. It was a "P" mint mark. I hope to hit that field again maybe tomorrow. I only covered a very small portion of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login