Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Finds apparently come at random
Posted by: homebre
Date: January 16, 2018 08:19AM
After not finding any nice gold rings in over 5 years, I found a gold wedding band last week on a junior high football field (read: middle school) . I had covered about 1/4 of the field, so I went back yesterday for a few hours to try to get at least to the 50 yard line!. AFter find nothing but clad for the first hour, I found a small gold ring with the Xterra705 using the 9" 3 KHz coil. (Turned out to be 14K gold filled from UNCAS, a cheap costume jewelry ring. :( I decided to do two more widths of the field, and on the next to the last trip I found the larger ring--14K TW wedding band. The TW is a trademark for Tessler and Weiss that makes nice designer jewelry. I have no explanation for the sudden finds except luck and hunting junior highs!

Re: Finds apparently come at random
Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: January 16, 2018 08:43AM
We will have to start calling you the lord of the rings. Congratulations

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Date: January 16, 2018 11:11AM
Thanks. I would really like to be the Lord of the Civil War artifacts now!
Andy

Yes! Finds are random, and you can have a great year followed by a drought that can last years. In my case anyway.N/T
Posted by: bulletman
Date: January 16, 2018 12:15PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: pasttom
Date: February 06, 2018 09:55PM
I have a theory that says, "Random is lumpy." or things just tend to go in streaks. This is based on very solid research and the experience of one special detectorist.

Pastor Tom
An E 800 (6, 11 & 15) and a dozen obsolete units for sale
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Date: February 10, 2018 11:32AM
Streaks are random!

Posted by: nuff coils
Date: March 28, 2018 09:54AM
Had the same type of luck with the rings I've found. Nothing for 4 months and then 5 rings in a month. None were as nice as the wedding band you found, but it's still nice to see any ring when you dig.

Random, streaky. or whatever you want to call it, finds are all a bit of chance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login