Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Xterra 705 ?
Posted by: tnbassfishin
Date: August 02, 2018 05:49PM
I’m going to order a new xterra 705 should I get the gold pack or the regular coil package they are both 499 I will be coin and relic hunting mostly thanks?

Re: Xterra 705 ?
Posted by: oldkoot
Date: August 02, 2018 08:45PM
tnbassfishin
I’m going to order a new xterra 705 should I get the gold pack or the regular coil package they are both 499 I will be coin and relic hunting mostly thanks?

For coin and Relic hunting I would go with the regular coil package unless you can swing the two coil package that comes with the MF coil and the 5x10HF coil I have been using the 705 since 2009 or 2010 but I picked up a like new in box with three coils

the one coil that vary seldom comes off of my 705 is the 5x10 HF coil now, but that is due to what and where I detect for all the time the other coil which I would consider purchasing is the 3 KHz digger coil which I have heard great things about but have never had the opportunity to use

I found my best find to date with the 5X10 HF coil though while living in Ohio about 6 months after purchasing my 705 was not my deepest find but it was my best and it could have been found with any of the coils that can be used on the 705

if all you are going to be doing is coin and relic hunting I would stick with the standard MF coil

Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: August 05, 2018 08:56AM
I would go with the regular pack. I have never been big on the 5x10 coil.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Posted by: Canewrap
Date: August 05, 2018 11:23AM
I agree with 7centsworth, for relic hunting and coinshooting you need a large DD coil and the smaller 6" concentric. The 5X10 is more useful in shallower, but only moderately trashy areas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login