Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ground balancing the X50
Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: November 30, 2018 04:32PM
ive found that every where I ground balance my x50 it shows 5 on the meter.is this normal?

Re: ground balancing the X50
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: November 30, 2018 08:28PM
jimmy clark
ive found that every where I ground balance my x50 it shows 5 on the meter.is this normal?
Not really. Where are you, and what sort of soil conditions do you have? A GB of 5 would be the sort of thing I might expect at a saltwater beach, but not over real dirt unless it's highly mineralized.....like iron laden ground.

Ingham County, Michigan

Date: December 01, 2018 11:41AM
I live in east texas.ground is medium to mild for the most part Like I said ive hunted in woods sports fields parks in east texas and and every time I try to ground balance.the number says 5 and the audio never changes as I pump the coil.

Date: December 01, 2018 01:11PM
What happens when you deviate from that GB setting?
Also, do you have any other coils you can try?

Ingham County, Michigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2018 01:13PM by Old Longhair.

Date: December 02, 2018 03:51PM
I go from pinpoint mode to hunting mode,and everythings normal there.I do have the 6 inch HF coil. so ill try that. thanks

Date: December 02, 2018 04:20PM
ok It didn't have a manural with it when I bought it used.I just looked at a video on how to G.B.well guess what I thought I new how before I wached the video,but my only problem was I didn't.but I do now.I was trying to gb like I do my dfx which is auto.anyway thanks for helping me get my brain on straight.

Date: December 02, 2018 05:23PM
Glad that you got it figured out, and that there's nothing wrong with your Xterra.

Also, if you haven't done so already, I highly recommend that you download Randy's FREE E-BOOK "Understanding Your Xterra". You'll find a link to it pinned at the top of the forum page. It's the absolute best reference available, AND IT'S FREE!

Ingham County, Michigan

Date: December 03, 2018 11:18AM
ok thanks for the info I will down load the book.

Posted by: TerryEastTexas
Date: December 03, 2018 12:04PM
Glad you got it figured out. OL will set you straight. I trust what advice he gives. The 50 is a good machine. I think you'll like it when you swing it for a while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login