Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
X-terra Coil Ear Gap Fix
Posted by: u2robert
Date: January 25, 2019 02:56PM
Got a 705 and the gap between the lower rod and the coil ears was driving me nuts
I didn't want to break off a coil ear
I read some post about this and the different fixes
I found one
The lower rod on my Nokta Fors Relic fits perfect between the coil ears
on the standard 9" concentric coil.
the Nokta bolt is to big but I had a Fisher bolt that worked perfect.
the other end of the lower rod is a little hard to get into the middle shaft but with a little effort it fits
snug and no wobble.

Re: X-terra Coil Ear Gap Fix
Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: January 25, 2019 05:31PM
you can by two nylon washers that will fit behind the rubber washes,i buy mine from Ace hardware.thats what I do when I use whites rod for extra rods.it takes about 15 minutes to modify the whites rods to fit the exterra coils, an it works great,and whites rod or a lot cheaper then the M.L.coils.I buy mine fron East texas detectors, for 10.00 a rod.the best price ive found on a M.L.rod was 30.00.

Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: January 26, 2019 11:10AM
where t said cheaper then M.L. coils,I meant lower rods/

Date: January 26, 2019 04:40PM
Right you are they are like 43.00 at Kellyco and from what I can tell they are also to narrow for the X-terra coils? I don't know yet because the 705 I received didn't have a lower rod with it the guy said he forgot and he mailed it and it's in Transit (you know code word for LATE)

Date: February 02, 2019 12:14AM
Well the X-terra lower rod arrived and I was wrong it fit like it should no gap between the ears. I feel like an idiot for going off before I knew what the hell I was talking about, my bad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login