Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New X-TERRA 70 Video - Prospecting and HF DD Coil Uses - AUG 2008
Posted by: nero_design
Date: August 26, 2008 08:15AM
After a few weeks of editing and a week of hand-wringing for being unable to upload to the website, I've managed to get a short film on the X-Terra 70 up onto the MLO TV website where detecting videos are hosted as part of an online competition by some of the channel members.

X-TERRA 70: Prospecting Down Under
CLICK LINK ABOVE TO VIEW VIDEO CLIP

Feel free to take a look if you're new to detecting or own an X-Terra 70... and, if you're one of the many Minelab owners that is also a member of the MLO TV site, please leave a comment if you enjoyed it or found it interesting. This is just a homemade short film that my wife and I made with photographs and footage recorded during our trips out to the Australian Goldfields over the last two seasons. Minelab had no involvement or endorsements for the video. It does show footage showcasing the use of the 6" DD HF coil alongside the Elliptical DD HF coil on the field for Prospecting - and that's something which often gets asked about here.

If you have a rather slow internet connection, let the video load first in your browser window to avoid the 'jitter effect'.

Cheers,

Marco Nero

Re: New X-TERRA 70 Video - Prospecting and HF DD Coil Uses - AUG 2008
Posted by: TonyH
Date: August 26, 2008 11:29AM
Fantastic video Marco and thanks for choosing our own MLO TV to show it on.

Posted by: louis vuitton
Date: August 26, 2008 01:57PM
That is one hell of a Fantastic Video and I would be very surprised if it did not win you the competition. Thank you for sharing it with us

Posted by: John(Tx)
Date: August 26, 2008 03:24PM
Enjoyed watching the video Marco, those were some very nice specimens, animals, bugs and minerals. I really enjoy using my XT50 with the 6"dd HF coil, it does good on jewelry as well as coins, don't have the XT 70 as we don't have any goldfields in this area. Thanks for sharing. John

Posted by: mach2
Date: August 26, 2008 05:21PM
Awesome, awesome video !! Well done! Thanks Marco

Posted by: Ron Y
Date: August 26, 2008 05:28PM
All I Can Say Is WOW!!!!!

One heck of a production.

Thanks for sharing that with us

Best to Ya,

Ron

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: August 26, 2008 09:30PM
By far the best metal detecting video I've ever seen. Great job.

:clap::clap::please::please::clap::clap::thumbup::minelab:
Posted by: Digger
Date: August 27, 2008 12:18AM
Excellent work Marco! Absolutely excellent. With your permission, I'd like to link this into our FAQFAQ section. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2008 12:20AM by Digger.

Posted by: nero_design
Date: August 27, 2008 12:54AM
Hi Digger/ everyone. Thanks, you're most welcome to add it to the FAQ. That's very kind of you.

All the equipment which I used to make the short video is over 4 years old (including the software, cameras and laptop) so almost anyone can do something similar with what they have at hand. But I can tell you all that the urge to ignore the cameras and just pickup the Detector was so great that on many occasions I was out there swinging the coil rather than unpacking the camera. It gets me out in the fresh air and sunlight and it gives me a chance to appreciate the world from a perspective that I just don't get whilst living in the city.

Happy to share the experiences with others who may not get the chance to get out here.

Regards,

Marco

Posted by: foot69
Date: August 27, 2008 01:02AM
Thanks Marco.
Even After everything you've posted here for the last month or so I've read, It's just sunk in that the 6" dd goes deeper than the 10x5..
The film is excellent.

Posted by: mohayes1046
Date: August 27, 2008 03:04PM
Apparently I've lost all rationality, I have been wandering around the site trying to view this video and every time I try something different it brings me back to the beginning. I've registered, signed in, downloaded the appropriate software (three times), and I still get no where. Any good ideas?
Mark

Posted by: Toddy from Scotland
Date: August 27, 2008 04:43PM
Top class my man!

Posted by: birac
Date: August 27, 2008 05:43PM
wow that's really informative,great video.

Posted by: Beale
Date: August 27, 2008 05:57PM
I really enjoyed the video! Thanks so much for doing it, Beale.

:clap:Re: New X-TERRA 70 Video - Prospecting and HF DD Coil Uses - AUG 2008
Posted by: Treasure Nut
Date: August 27, 2008 06:27PM
Unbelievably good video!!! I enjoyed Australia as you showed it with the X-Terra 70. Hope it wins the competition.

TN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login