Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Usika Brave
Posted by: AustinEd
Date: January 20, 2015 06:35PM
Has anyone used a Usika Chief or Brave. I have aquired a Brave with batteries that corroded for about 15 years and a handle mounted tuning button that is broken. I cleaned out the battery compartment and replace the leads. It does come on and try to function, but the broken tuning button will have to be replaced before it functions properly. Any observations or info would be appreciated. I am also looking for a operating manual. Thanks guys.

Re: Usika Brave
Posted by: Tallon
Date: September 22, 2015 07:30AM
Yes AustinEd these are medium-depth machines when working like they should. Probably comparable to the modern BH Tracker IVs. About 7-8.5" on a coin. I haven't used mine in a while but I think they can drift sometimes and need to be retuned but I could be wrong. They are of the early T/R VLF type, similar in function, sound and behavior to a Bounty Hunter VLF/TR 840. The Usika Chief was a 1982 model if I remember right. Not too sure about the Brave though and haven't actually tried one of these but know I've seen old vintage ads for them. I (think), if my memory serves me right, they were from the 70s. The tuning button will definitely need to be fixed as you'll be using it a lot I think. Hope this helps!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login