Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: They seldom get metal detectors right in movies. In "The Guns of Navarone"
Posted by: Daddy
Date: August 15, 2015 03:01PM
vlad
German soldiers are using mine detectors and sweeping the tracks leading to the guns, which is silly- the detector would give off a signal due to the steel rails and spikes and other heavy iron plates [and be rather easy to see if the ground was disturbed from digging.]
In "Highlander" they use a detector on a concrete column [generally contain rebar] for flecks of metal [crazing from a sword] detector sounds like a geiger counter too.
The truest I recall was Clint Eastwood "Every Which Way." They are hunting on a beach with a Garrett-John Quaid was a 'heavy' in the movie and a friend of
Charles Garrett, so they got it right.

In The Fog, there was a scene or two when a guy with a detector was hunting a beach. If I remember correctly, the detector sounded like a detector. Hmmmm .... I think I'll pop it in and watch it, again.

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard and deep.

Another Great Treasure Movie to put on your list!
Posted by: TC-NM
Date: November 30, 2015 01:50PM
All, Don't forget the 1949 movie starring Glenn Ford and Ida Lupino "Lust for Gold". Short summary goes like this, Fortune seeker Barry Storm stumbles onto some clues that may lead him to the fabulous Lost Durchman Mine, but others have tried and been murdered.

Great story line. Pretty close to the book written by Barry Storm... I have it too.

TC-NM

White's XL Pro -- MX Sport -- Garrett GMH CXII -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Whites E-Series 9000 HP -- Garrett Pro Pointer & AT Pro Pointer -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Re: I know it from youtube; Scared the hell out of me as a kid:clapping: [remember, Target Earth?]
Posted by: TC-NM
Date: November 30, 2015 02:01PM
Daddy
vlad
n/t
Not by name. What comes to mind though was the flick with the creatures that had heads that looked like exposed brains and they had hypodermic needle fingers that they would stick into the base of their intended victims neck. That one really freaked me out. :look:

Hey Daddy, It was the 1957 (B rated) Horror Classic "Invasion of the Saucer-Men" Starring: Steve Terrell, Gloria Castillo and Frank Gorshin (from '60's BatMan TV as he portrayed the "The Riddler")... Remember?

TC-NM

White's XL Pro -- MX Sport -- Garrett GMH CXII -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Whites E-Series 9000 HP -- Garrett Pro Pointer & AT Pro Pointer -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Re: I know it from youtube; Scared the hell out of me as a kid:clapping: [remember, Target Earth?]
Posted by: Daddy
Date: December 06, 2015 01:29PM
TC-NM
Daddy
vlad
n/t
Not by name. What comes to mind though was the flick with the creatures that had heads that looked like exposed brains and they had hypodermic needle fingers that they would stick into the base of their intended victims neck. That one really freaked me out. :look:

Hey Daddy, It was the 1957 (B rated) Horror Classic "Invasion of the Saucer-Men" Starring: Steve Terrell, Gloria Castillo and Frank Gorshin (from '60's BatMan TV as he portrayed the "The Riddler")... Remember?

TC-NM
That's it! Sure had some great shows back then ....

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard and deep.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login