Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
motley collection for sale:
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: October 14, 2015 12:59PM
At one time, years ago, I thought I'd start a collection of vintage detectors. But just never got it off the ground to pursue. These are just gathering dust. So decided to sell these as a package. Take them all for $100 + whatever shipping it needs.

Various old Whites, a Compass 77b, and a "Rayscope". None are working, but perhaps could be made to get working. Not shown are various coils, rods, etc... to match. Will box them all up and ship out to anyone interested.

Sorry I didn't clean or "gussy them up" for better photo shoot :)

Re: motley collection for sale:
Posted by: parrott
Date: October 23, 2015 10:44PM
Well Tom... That is quite a collection, Speaking for myself I remember using some of them
when they were shinny new.... and the silver coins, Buffalos, weaties, and Indians were
just under the grass...

Posted by: Old California
Date: October 25, 2015 12:21AM
Tom,

In the future, If you still have the BFO OreMaster that one I would be interested in. Surprisingly OreMaster was the name of the company before they went with Whites, That's one of Whites earlier BFO versions when they were pushing Geiger Counters.

Maybe someday we can make a trade or something when we meet at a future hunt?

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: October 25, 2015 09:41AM
thanx for the info. on that particular machine. What year do you think that would date to ?

As for a trade, if you have a working 77b, I'll trade you right now :) Or you can just have this whole collection for the price quoted.

My 77b got stolen out my truck awhile back :(

Date: October 25, 2015 10:37AM
Not sure when your oremaster was made Tom but it's before the company changed their name to Whites, yours had the double meter assembly my bfo oremaster only has one small meter.

However, pretty sure I can get yours going. Takes the 67.5 volt battery and two 1.5 volt batteries, just came across an cool battery replacement for the 67.5 volt battery and it works great with my OreMaster BFO.

I only want the oremaster, we'll figure something out :smile:

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

May be interested with another one
Date: October 25, 2015 10:45AM
Tom, may be interested with the first one in the picture too. And I do have one working 77b, would be willing to trade it for the lot of your detectors.

Is the non working Compass in the pic a 77b?

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Re: May be interested with another one
Date: October 26, 2015 10:24AM
Paul, I'm looking at this collection, and I have a Judge 2 automatic and a 77b both. Each, to my knowledge, not working. I'll group all the machines (the whites, the rayscope, etc...) for one working 77b. Just pay for the freight back and forth too :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login