Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Wilso relic and coin iv
Posted by: Blovingrelics
Date: November 28, 2015 09:26PM
I have a Wilson relic and coin 4 the head had gone bad and I need on to replace it anyone know we're I can get a cool I have call and emails. No reponce or is there another type of cool I can use on it....thanks

Re: Wilso relic and coin iv
Posted by: straker
Date: November 28, 2015 10:21PM
There is a gentleman in Canada that uses Wilson R & C metal detectors. He might have a spare. You can ask your question here... Compass metal detector forum

Compass Gold Star metal detectors made from late 1985 shared the same frequency that your Wilson has. 6.875 Khz. It might be a long shot,but perhaps the coils can interchange?

Keith Wills might have a coil. Contact him here... Keith Wills metal detector repair website

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2015 10:31PM by straker.

Posted by: Joe(TX)
Date: December 02, 2015 04:39AM
I am a long time Compass metal detector user and have never seen a Compass coil work on any other brand!!

Posted by: straker
Date: December 02, 2015 10:11PM
Joe(TX)
I am a long time Compass metal detector user and have never seen a Compass coil work on any other brand!!

Joe,the Compass Gold Star series coils operate at 6.875 khz. The same as the Wilson R & C mds. I suggested the Gold Star coils as there use metal 5 pin connectors. I know you have a Gold Star and a Wilson. I suppose it's wishful thinking...but perhaps you can try hooking the GS coil to the Wilson and see what happens? I don't know the setup about the pins. Perhaps their might be an issue with the wrong set of pins (being male or female in the wrong order).

Date: December 03, 2015 04:54PM
.....Straker....What you suggest has been tried before!! Matching a coil is more than just the frequency.....I believe that the Compass coils are Crystal controlled and that is why no matches have been found for any of the Compass detectors...If you do not want to believe me just ask the Compass Metal Detector Forum....those guys know Compass!!

Date: December 03, 2015 05:19PM
Blovingrelics....did you ever get your coil repaired??

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: December 27, 2015 11:13AM
Keith Wills in Texas

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login