Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What ever happened to.......
Posted by: Ivan
Date: December 25, 2015 10:53AM
Wilson metal detectors. He made some really good machines..................like fine wine...........in small batches. Did he finally fold up shop? One person I talked to said that he passed away from a heart attack...but I think this would have been mentioned in some of the Treasure magazines that I follow, but i may have missed it . Anyone know the final chapter in the Wilson story?

Re: What ever happened to.......
Posted by: beau61
Date: December 25, 2015 05:00PM
Wilson Electrionics still exist at the same address and phone #(different area code), that is on the owners manual of my R&C- IV.I think the son(Paul) runs the business that supplies various electronic equipment,maybe even metal detectors,none that are made by them(Wilson). Don't know if Paul S Wilson Sr,maker of the Wilson detectors,is alive or not. I have 5 different Wilson detectors and 4 different Wilson- Neuman detectors.I still use the Wilson detectors,good beep and dig machines.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: December 26, 2015 04:42PM
beau61 has the best Wilson Detector collection on the forums! I think He even has a Northstar?

Date: December 26, 2015 09:41PM
No, don't have a Northstar yet,last attempt to get one ended up being another Coin Select.

Posted by: trojdor
Date: December 26, 2015 10:25PM
I love the Wilsons...my ATD reads silver right through rusty bottle (crown) caps and square nails.
(It's my 'secret weapon' at the park.)

I've found silver coins among the junk with the Wilson I've passed over with my CTXs, CZs, and others.

I'd love to try the R&C 4 to compare to my ATD, but probably won't have the chance to pick one up any time soon.
I'm sure the Coin Selects and Northstars are excellent as well...but there's just something I prefer about those old, crude metal box models.

:)
mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 10:44PM by trojdor.

Date: December 27, 2015 09:45AM
I favor the ATD also. I have a R&C III that is as deep as the R&C IV, the Serial # has R&C II on it, so maybe he tweaked the II, changed cover and faceplate,only seen one R&C III since collecting Wilsons. The Coin Select has a 9.5" coil to go along with the 7.5 coils, haven't come across a larger coil for the R&Cs other than the 7.5 coil.

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: January 24, 2016 09:49AM
Taken over by Son....from what I understand they don't fix older models and R&C model coils haven't been made in years and not available..
Father has to be quite old by now and whether alive have no knowledge..Owned several of the R&C models and even worked on saltwater beaches...

Wilson MD frequencies ...What are they??
Posted by: TC-NM
Date: January 26, 2016 03:12PM
N/T

White's XL Pro -- MX Sport -- Garrett GMH CXII -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Whites E-Series 9000 HP -- Garrett Pro Pointer & AT Pro Pointer -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Re: Wilson MD frequencies ...What are they??
Posted by: trojdor
Date: January 26, 2016 05:34PM
6.875 kHz

mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login