Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Golden Sabre PLUS
Posted by: dfg4240
Date: October 29, 2018 07:44PM
JUST BOUGHT THIS TO TRY IT OUT BUT NO MANUAL or anything else.
Looks in mint shape and not really a great manual on @#$%& but don't know what to set it on.
Looks great.
I bought it right away and probably overpaid-anyone have one of these
I wanted to see what it does and it looks like it has a great notch system.

Thanks
David

Re: Golden Sabre PLUS
Posted by: straker
Date: October 29, 2018 08:02PM
Posted by: dfg4240
Date: October 30, 2018 12:08AM
I looked there but not the usual manual-usually they have you go through some setup but was just looking for some tips.

it is in great shape
thanks anyway
David

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: November 03, 2018 05:32PM
Does this one have the two tone audio like the Golden Sabre II?

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: chainsmoker
Date: November 14, 2018 06:18PM
dfg4240
I looked there but not the usual manual-usually they have you go through some setup but was just looking for some tips.

it is in great shape
thanks anyway
David

I have a golden sabre plus, but it's not as clean as yours. Not sure what kind of information you are looking for but here is how I use mine. I use my Golden Sabre plus to look for coins in sites that have a lot of junk. I set it in disc, notch off, sensitivity at 7, disc 2 and notch level slightly under 3. With this setup modern pulltabs have a mixed tone, you may have to adjust the notch level up or down slightly because all machines are different.
When I dig a bunch of nickels I figure the spot has been hunted pretty hard already by coinshooters. The Golden Sabre Plus is hot on nickels.
I didn't think I would use it much but the no motion pinpoint is nice to help size up targets.

Posted by: chainsmoker
Date: November 15, 2018 04:19PM
Harold,ILL.
Does this one have the two tone audio like the Golden Sabre II?
Yes, it has two tones. You can adjust where the tone break occurs. If I remember correctly I think my circuit board says " royal sabre" on it.
So maybe the Royal Sabre, Golden Sabre 2 and Golden Sabre plus are very similar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login