Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
XL Pro - Multitone and Mixed mode MODIFY :twodetecting:
Posted by: maat
Date: March 04, 2008 08:47AM
An european modify.

On youtube (from polish inventor)

6000 White's multitone mixed mode modify

On videogoogle (from me after bought modify circuit)

XLPRO installing circuit

The inventor site (in polish sorry)
5900 - 6000 - xlpro multitone mixed mode modify

Next time soil test...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2008 08:59AM by maat.

Re: XL Pro - Multitone and Mixed mode MODIFY :twodetecting:
Posted by: margiop
Date: March 04, 2008 10:57AM
Great post Maat, I think Mrand should pay something to this advertising. :biggrin:

Posted by: clondike clad
Date: March 04, 2008 02:39PM
HOW DO I GET ONE////////////////////////////??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Posted by: jmaryt
Date: March 04, 2008 07:15PM
kenny!..are you reading this?....what an effort!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Posted by: maat
Date: March 05, 2008 01:34AM
clondike clad
HOW DO I GET ONE////////////////////////////??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi clondike clad,
i think you can buy the circuit only from polish inventor

Re: XL Pro - Multitone and Mixed mode MODIFY :twodetecting:N/T
Posted by: shooter_41
Date: March 16, 2008 03:51PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Now that's neat! Wish we could have that mod done around here:super:N/T
Posted by: Bryce-IL
Date: March 21, 2008 09:16AM

Here's the link to my field test post containing over 60 different hunts of various coil tests...field tests published in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine...comparisons...nicer finds...etc..:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627,1055627#msg-1055627
Been swingin' the coil since 1972
Started out in 1972 with a Jetco Detector...then the late 70's with a Whites 6000:whites:....then in 1981 went to a Bounty Hunter VLF TR 840:bounty:
Then in the early 1980's I went to a Whites 6000 Di Pro:whites:...mid 80's I went to a Whites Eagle II SL:whites:...Late 80's/Early 90's I went to the Whites XLT:whites:
1990's I used the Fisher CZ5, CZ6, CZ7, 7aPro, and CZ70Pro (still have)...and am currently doing some water hunting with my CZ-21:fisher:...
Started using Minelabs in 1999:minelab:

with a brief stint on the Musketeer while also using the CZ's...then in 2002 I switched to the Minelab Explorers and currently use the Explorer SE Pro as my main machine. I also use the Explorer 2 and E-trac often... and have a CTX3030 I use as a backup:minelab: Might also mention I have an arsenal of coils for the Explorers:thumbup:

"Metal detecting is an escape for me and allows me to find some much needed peace and solace.
Being able to clear my head...even if only for that short while...is much more meaningful than any amount of finds that end up in my pouch"
:angel: "Quote ME"

I have an XL Pro modded with this kit in the US! Plus another kit...
Posted by: megadivers
Date: March 30, 2008 05:18PM
Hey guys,

I have one here in the US. It is the best upgrade you could ever have on an XL Pro. I have installed one kit and have another I am thinking of installing on one of my other XL Pros. What a neat thing to be able to hunt GEB SAT with no discrimination and just hunt the tones. Talk about DEPTH! :clapping:
My friends over at the Italian forum helped me out quite a bit!

Megadivers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2008 05:20PM by megadivers.

Re: I have an XL Pro modded with this kit in the US! Plus another kit...
Date: March 31, 2008 02:27AM
Hi Allen, you are right, GEB SAT is the mode that uses better tone ID. It separates very well, you could sweep very slow and you don't need to look at the screen.
I really believe that GEB SAT is the best mode on XL, and with the tone ID it reaches the top.

Re: XL Pro - Multitone and Mixed mode MODIFY :twodetecting:N/T
Posted by: shooter_41
Date: March 31, 2008 09:50PM

Megadivers....quick question
Posted by: therover
Date: April 02, 2008 11:17PM
Mega...I just purchased a like new XL Pro ( it's on it's way). In reading the manual, it states the meter will ID in all modes. I then assume that in GEB SAT mode, when a target is hit ( whatever metal it is) the meter would ID it.

Does this tone ID modification convert the meter ID to a tone ? Also, whether it does or does not, is the tone ID more accurate then the meter on a deep target ?

I can't wait to use the XL Pro, and will experiment in all modes, but this mod is very appealing.

Thanks,

JC

Re: Megadivers....quick question
Posted by: megadivers
Date: April 03, 2008 05:35AM
Hey JC,
The XL Pro will ID in all modes. The Multitone kit will tone ID in all modes as well. It is limited only by the White's designed circuit. From what the designer says, it operates independently of the meter readout. The Multitone kit does not modify the original circuit but instead takes the information already gathered and converts it into 4 different tones. I hope this info helps. The technical specifications are all in Polish and that took alot of translating :crazy:

Re: Megadivers....thanksN/T
Posted by: therover
Date: April 03, 2008 07:50AM

Posted by: Steve(MS)
Date: April 03, 2008 10:55AM
Does the mod have any effect on performance and can you turn it off if you don't want to use it?

Date: April 03, 2008 11:46AM
Steve(MS)
Does the mod have any effect on performance and can you turn it off if you don't want to use it?

There is a switch, you decide if you prefer monotone or multione.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login