Findmall.com

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
EV, followup questions for you:
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: February 01, 2014 12:42PM
EV, thanx for the nostalgic look back! I started with a 66TR, that probably was no better or worse than the metrotech. It's late '60s/early '70s technology as well. But you're right: the metrotch (introduced in 1963 I believe) was ahead of its time.

Questions for you: How deep could the Fisher T10 find a coin to? Was anyone, to your knowledge, hunting coins with it? Ie.: parks and schools-type-of-thing? Or were they all hunting CW sites exclusively ? And how about the T-20? did that increase depth on coin-sized targets? And how about the metrotech: how deep could it find a coin-sized target at ?

Re: Old Metal Detector used in the 60"s.
Posted by: Rodb
Date: March 07, 2014 12:53PM
I have an old Metrotech 220a and am looking for the headphones or external speaker attachment. Anyone out there have one for sale?

Posted by: bigchuckinva
Date: March 09, 2014 12:03AM
I been luck start Relic Hunting with father in early 1970s when lot site and yes tons relics. Personal in good soil myself and father dug more relics with Nautilus brand then any machine. Sadly the current owners and future of company looks bleak due poor customers service and lack produce been produced to sell and month get repairs done. Either way enjoy photo all great Nautilus models I myself and father used from old to current DMC2b. Chuck

Re: EV, followup questions for you:
Posted by: Rodb
Date: March 09, 2014 11:18AM
I was finding Indian head pennies at six inches or more with the Metrotech 220a.

Posted by: Doctorcoinz
Date: March 11, 2014 05:19PM
I swing old analogues often , the amazing thing is these old beauty's can still pull the goods. Finding something nice with a 25 - 40 year old detector is just one great feeling. I am a firm believer that non motion detectors have more than a slight advantage amongst iron and other trash when compared to even the top of the range Minelabs and other top brands. Depth is not always what is needed to find good targets. Analogue still has it's place seated for many years to come.

Posted by: phinstigers
Date: November 12, 2018 08:09PM
I have one I just bought from an auction, I’m going to weld a nice handle from a Coinmaster to it and use it at older historical places where not much traffic has been for years along side my Whites coinmaster 5000D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login