Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Needing info on new coil...
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: March 07, 2017 06:41PM
Hey Guys looking at buying a 5 x 10 coil for my t2 a (CORS Fortune or NEL Sharpshooter) any information on use/depth would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance...joe

Re: Needing info on new coil...
Posted by: Mega
Date: March 07, 2017 07:50PM
The Fortune and Sharpshooter are exactly the same coil in every means,they are connected directly/indirectly and why 2 setups i dont have a clue,regarding what are these coils like they are about as good as it gets when used on a T2,they are just a slightly smaller length and width wise but i still reckon as other do that the depth is very similar to the stock coil.

But the coil also has a few other advantages as well,its lighter,mounts central on the coil rather than the back of the coil as on the stock,only a small observation but it does swing far better in my mind,pinpoints a dream,target separation also very good,build quality in my mind is also much better and can run without a coil cover on.

So basically from using the Sharpshooter coil on the T2 it has become my main coil on the machine and have used it for over 2 years,it dont get much better than that,also i feel that the signals are slightly sharper as well.

It gets my vote for sure.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Posted by: 88junior
Date: March 09, 2017 01:04AM
I second what Mega said. It's a very good coil on the T2. I use it 90% of the time and the stock coil for large areas with very little trash or iron the rest of the time.

Garrett AT-PRO NEL Tornado 12x13 coil & 5x8" DD coil
Fisher1265x 8" coil
Tesoro Bandido II 8" coil
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Whites Digmaster digger
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Thanks for info guys..N/T
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: March 09, 2017 05:10AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: dfmike
Date: March 09, 2017 07:29AM
CORS and NEL are the same with different names. It has to do with distributor territories and/or rights.

Don't rule out the Detech 5 X 10 SEF coil as well. I use that one on my F19 and F5 and like it a lot.

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Neil
Date: March 09, 2017 10:08AM
I agree its a good one for the T2. I picked up a used sharpshooter, saved a few dollars. They are very rugged also, well made.

in everything give thanks

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: March 09, 2017 12:37PM
The Mars 6X10 is another good option. Just a hair lighter and deeper than the Nel coil and separates just as well.
The Mars and Nel are almost 3 oz lighter than the Teknetics coil and both are deeper by an inch or more in my air tests.

Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Gold Monster
Takahashi FC-100DF

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login