Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Greek Line being DISCOUNTINUED....
Posted by: txop
Date: November 19, 2017 12:08PM
I have been seriously looking at the Omega 8000 and 8500. I have found either one for $399. That said which one would you get or would you just wait and see what's new after the first of the year.

This is from First Texas:

The Teknetics Greek series are the Alpha, Delta, Omega, and Gamma metal detectors and are being discontinued. We have only a few Gamma's remaining in stock. They are coming out with new models after the first of the year, but they have not released any information them.

Thanks for your thought on the Omega.

Harold

Re: Greek Line being DISCOUNTINUED....
Posted by: RichW
Date: November 19, 2017 02:32PM
Those are good prices. I've also been thinking about a new 8000 or 8500. Thanks for your post, I had no idea they were being eliminated. Now I'm wondering about repairs down the road if needed and how long they will repair them. I think at this point I'll wait and see or consider something else. What ever is coming next hopefully will be very Omega like.

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 19, 2017 07:54PM
A multi tone G2+ would be nice! I’m curious to see what they come up with.

Posted by: Sand dog
Date: November 19, 2017 09:50PM
Wyohunter99. I agree 100%. A multi tone G2+ would be awesome!

John

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: November 20, 2017 12:16AM
After having both, between the two, I'd go with 8000. I much preferred it over the 8500. The 8500 had some additional features but I didn't care for the clipped audio. In my local soil, it was hard to distinguish between a good target and a false signal. I was constantly having to stop and re-swing over every signal to check it out and there were way more false signals than actual target signals. I guess in milder ground with a much slower swing speed than I'm used to, the 8500 might have worked OK but my 8000 was much better for just going out and finding coins. JMHO

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: November 20, 2017 02:04AM
Will be a shame to see the Omega go. What a great coin hunter! Hopefully they'll bring back the 8000 in some new configuration. :thumbup:

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: dfmike
Date: November 20, 2017 05:48PM
Sand dog
Wyohunter99. I agree 100%. A multi tone G2+ would be awesome!

John

I'll second that. I'd like to see it have threshold control in discrimination and a boosted gain setting as well. Possibly the ability to take a concentric coil ?

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Date: November 20, 2017 08:38PM
I have received a few emails wanting to know where I got my information so I will post it here.

I email First Texas through Amazon. They have 8000's there listed at $399 so I asked them if they would add the 8500 to Amazon for $399 so I could buy one. That is what they are listed for on their direct sells site.

Anyway I get this reply back:

Hello,
The Greek series line are being discontinued by Teknetics. We will not be bringing in any more inventory as they are being phased out.

Best Regards,

Ed Pavlasek
Texas Premium Detectors
1-800-876-3463
www.texaspremiumdetectors.com

I have had a few tell me this is incorrect information so if anyone feels like calling him and gets different information please post it here.

Thanks,

Harold

Posted by: Parkologist
Date: November 20, 2017 09:33PM
Thats a dealer not first texas.

Date: November 20, 2017 10:46PM
Ok. Well that's were the info came from. Not sure where he got it. May be bad info but they sure have drop the prices so it made since to me.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 20, 2017 11:21PM
Harold,

I can see how you were confused.

First Texas Products of El Paso Texas makes Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter Detectors.

The “Greek Series “ Detectors are not discontinued. \

The Omega 8000 was replaced by the Omega 8500 earlier this year.

Sorry the ill-informed dealer lead you astray.

Rick Kempf

Date: November 21, 2017 02:40AM
Not sure where he got that info from. I think it being the end of the year all sorts of rumors are flying. I just saw on the Fisher forum saying Fisher is announcing a new detector on the 23rd. It's that time of year so who knows.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 21, 2017 07:58AM
The new detectors are the F75+ and T2+ and according to a dealer who,posted on another forum - they will be released on the 1st of December.

Again, sorry you were misinformed, but it wasn’t First Texas Products who misinformed you.

Rick Kempf

It is a sour grapes thing
Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: December 01, 2017 11:53AM
What has happened is that 'dealers' are @#$%& because Teknetics has gone to direct sales. Teknetics went to direct sales because when you called the dealer to inquire about a Tek model, the dealer would steer you to something else they wanted you to buy.

The Direct Sale still works out for the dealer. If a dealer steers you to a Tek, you get a discount and they get credit for the sale. Plus they don't even have to carry the inventory in stock. Which isn't new as most of them didn't stock anyway. They were already direct shipping everthing from the factory.

This is one of my pet peeves, calling a dealer and having the guy try to sell me something else. I never buy from them and never give those guys a second chance for my business, either.

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Re: It is a sour grapes thing
Posted by: Snap On Man
Date: December 01, 2017 12:28PM
You told the truth there! Many times I was told by the company, don't complain about the backorders sale them what you have in stock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login