Findmall.com

Teknetics Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
T2 depth question
Posted by: Joe6112
Date: December 30, 2017 02:33PM
Recently got a new T2 Classic. Was curious what kind of depth I should expect. I did a few air tests and didn't seem to have much depth at all. Took it in the field once and seemed to be the same. Very little depth at this point. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Re: T2 depth question
Posted by: 2 Much Trash
Date: December 30, 2017 05:08PM
What depth were you getting on the air test.
Bill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2017 05:09PM by 2 Much Trash.

Date: December 30, 2017 05:11PM
about 2-3 inches on a quarter.

Posted by: 2 Much Trash
Date: December 30, 2017 05:17PM
Wow. Something's wrong. What are your settings. I have the Classic. I get 12 inches easy on coins. buttons and bullets.

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 30, 2017 09:04PM
You have not provided any information on what settings that you are using ?? i still own and use a original green T2 that must be 10 years old and never had any problems with depth,if you provide us with some further details then you will probably get pinpoint replies on what could be the problem/s and how to gain some extra depth.

I usually run mine when on clear open pasture 85,4,2+ or 3 on the audio,or for ultimate depth when running my big NEL 17x15 coil but i then wind down the sens,but for normal coin size finds then the stock coil does very well indeed.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: December 31, 2017 09:19AM
tried a new air test today. set sens at 85 , disc at 25 and 2+. I used an old minie ball, quarter and a penny. the minie ball was hitting at about 9" and the quarter 8-9". I assume 8-9" is about a good average? Definitely better than I had initially done in an air test. going to take it out to the field today and give it a shot.

Date: January 01, 2018 09:54AM
Found this yesterday at around 5". Could be a pistol ball.

The T2 is a great detector....
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: January 04, 2018 06:34AM
Put in the time to learn this detector and you will find coins/relics...HH. joe

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: January 07, 2018 03:02AM
If you're still experiencing depth problems, check your coil and/ or coil connections. Make sure coil wire connector is screwed into main control panel tightly.
I once had a bad 8" coil on my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. It air tested good, with good distances detecting coins but would not detect a coin buried in the ground. I swapped it with a 4" gold coil and the detector worked fine. Sent the bad 8"coil to First Texas. They tested and confirmed it was defective.Then they promptly sent me a new 8" search coil.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Pioneer 505, Legacy 3500, 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Cen Tech pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 11" DD & 15" coils

Posted by: JoeL0
Date: January 11, 2018 07:05AM
I'm hitting about the same in air test, maybe just a TAD more but not much. On my wedding ring, gold mix, I hit 10 inches. Quarter 10+. I have boost mode on mine (ltd) and it maybe adds a couple inches, i guess that compensates if you have to swing with the coil up a bit.. Joe

Tesoro Lobo Super Trac
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics T2 ltd

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login