Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Newby :closedeyes:
Posted by: Dogjello
Date: July 10, 2018 05:20PM
Hi all,just ordered my first detector,BH LRP. Looks so cool,been looking at all your posts,I think I have made a wise purchase. 62 Yrs. old just retired. I live in Illinois,near Sand Ridge State park,very sandy area. Can't wait!

Re: Newby :closedeyes:
Posted by: Elton
Date: July 10, 2018 09:52PM
Welcome to Finds Treasure Forums. Post up your finds...as you get them.

Administrator of Finds Treasure Forums
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Date: July 11, 2018 08:17AM
Thanks Elton will do!

Posted by: Metaldetectorguydiggindeep
Date: July 12, 2018 12:21AM
Really good machine. If you take the time to learn it you will love it. Welcome to the hobby.

Date: July 12, 2018 05:43AM
Thanks MD Guy,really looking forward to getting it tomorrow,already studied the on-line manual.

Date: July 12, 2018 07:35AM
If its in your budget get a pinpointer, the 5" coil and a quality digging tool. You will find the 5 inch coil will probably end up being your all around favorite and a good digging tool compared to a plastic garden shovel will make a difference you wont believe. Like night and day. Its hard to believe a small tool could be worth 40 or more dollars but I'm telling you

Date: July 12, 2018 07:37AM
....telling you you will like a good digging tool. This is the other half of my previous post, it was cut off for some reason. Anywa3 have fun.

Date: July 12, 2018 10:21AM
Nice. I see it ships with a 11" DD coil. Interchangeability is a good thing. Was going to use an old 8" screwdriver,and a very old short pick-axe. Those will be much better,I'm sure. Like a kid on Christmas eve here!:clapping:

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: July 12, 2018 11:28AM
Good luck and hurry as Illinois is closing public sites at a fast pace. We lost are Forest Preserves already and about 90% of spots in Cook County. Hate to be Debbie downer but it is reality. I know State Parks are also off limits. This was a great hobby for years but the YouTube videos attracted careless Newbs.
Whatever You do don't use a Shovel like those clowns. And back fill with a towel. Enjoy it while You can.

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 11:29AM by Harold,ILL..

Date: July 12, 2018 05:36PM
thanks for the post Harold,bad news about state parks

Posted by: straker
Date: July 13, 2018 03:52PM
Welcome to metal detecting! I can't think of a better hobby that will get you out of the house and dig up some history. If you want to hunt the parks in Canton,you'll need a permit(which is free). You'll have to go to the Parks Dept on the south west of town. I live in Fulton County. Give me a holler if you want and perhaps we can do some coin hunting?

Date: July 14, 2018 03:44PM
Hi Straker,sure lets get together,but first I need to leaen this thing! Might be a while,lol. Today I E-mailed Mr.Gilmer,Mason co. conservation officer. He said, "Why not. If you want to come out today or tomorrow,it's fine. Will ask my supervisor to be sure,and will E-mail when An answer is given". Hoping for the best.

Date: July 14, 2018 04:24PM
Sorry I was adking Mr. Gilmer for permission to MD in Sand Ridge forest :thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login