Findmall.com

Bounty Hunter Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
BH pioneer 505 detecting on the beach
Posted by: ragman
Date: October 14, 2018 06:25PM
Anyone ever use a BH 505 on the beach ? If so , what setting do you use. Do you use all metal mode?

Re: BH pioneer 505 detecting on the beach
Posted by: BH505Man
Date: November 03, 2018 01:58AM
Use 4" gold coil, Do not use all metal. Select discriminate mode, discriminate out foil, turn sensitivity down to as low as 1 o'clock to eliminate false signals , turn disc/notch to 9 o'clock.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD,11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12x13" DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Posted by: ragman
Date: November 03, 2018 09:45AM
Thanks, I will try that this Sunday when I go to the beach, Do you have any luck in the wet sand. When I tried It, just showed one dollar at 8" all the time.

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: November 04, 2018 12:01AM
I do OK. Haven't found any spectacular finds. However you've got to keep in mind the fact that VLF single frequency detectors don't work as well as the pulse induction ones. Do you have a good pin pointer? If not, check out the Teknetics Tek-Point pin pointer, or the Fisher F-Pulse pin pointer. They are both pulse induction pin pointers, aren't affected by heavy ground mineralization and go deep. They will definitely cut down on the time spent recovering targets and will help you dig smaller plugs. Of my present detectors, I use the Teknetics T2 with the Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 as my backup detector.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD,11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12x13" DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login