Findmall.com

Announcements

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Just got the sad news. Our Administrator here, Elton has passed away suddenly...
Posted by: Steve O
Date: February 11, 2019 06:22PM
Didn't expect that. A classic gentleman he was, sorry to his family. Rest in Peace Elton.

Re: Just got the sad news. Our Administrator here, Elton has passed away suddenly...
Posted by: jeeptj
Date: February 11, 2019 06:34PM
This is so sad to hear. I just sold my Makro Red Racer to him and he was so excited to try it out as soon as the weather warmed up.
Rest in Peace Elton.

Posted by: ronaldj2
Date: February 11, 2019 06:54PM
My condolences to family and friends. I had the honor and privilege of sharing in his posts and having him answer some technical and non technical detecting questions. Your many posts and friends you made on the forum are all part of your legacy. The forum is now a little lonelier without you, rest in peace.

Posted by: kschae4
Date: February 11, 2019 07:36PM
Very sad to hear of Elton's passing, A true gentleman, who will be deeply missed .

Minelab Safari/BH Land Star/ Garrett Pro-Pointer
"Cause down the shore everything's all right"
Oldest identifiable coin- 1775 King George lll half penny
Most bizarre find: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1835200,1835200#msg-1835200

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: February 11, 2019 08:40PM
He'll be missed by us all, sure hate to get news like this. He's left a great legacy for us to admire.

Posted by: surfman
Date: February 11, 2019 08:42PM
Terrible news! Condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed by many.

Been in the detecting hobby for almost 20 years. Currently using; Minelab CTX3030 w/stock and 6" coils. Teknetics T2+. For beach and water I have two Minelab Excaliburs.

Oldest Copper; 1694 King William&Mary

Oldest Silver; 1792 Half Reale

Gold Coin; 1852 $1.00 (Found with ATPro)

YouTube Channel; surfman1968

Posted by: WV62
Date: February 11, 2019 09:03PM
So sad, he was a true friend to us all. RIP

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Jack Barlow
Date: February 11, 2019 09:13PM
I was very saddened by the news. "Elton" once told me his real name, but I guess he enjoyed his screen name of "Elton"...so be it "Elton!" "Elton" was very kind, sharing the issues and sadness he was feeling over his mothers illness. He was ---so very happy--- thanking me for my prayers for his mother, as she made, as he told me...a remarkable recovery. Now instead of his mother passing, as was recently thought, she is much better, but Elton is no longer with us? How do you ever understand something like this? You don't...you leave it all in God's Hands, knowing in the Final End, it WILL ALL MAKE TOTAL SENSE. Until then...we will miss this fine gentleman. My only regret is not knowing him longer.

Posted by: taltexan
Date: February 11, 2019 09:17PM
I had the pleasure to get to know Elton over the last 6 months. Always a gentleman, condolences to the family.

Posted by: Big Treble
Date: February 11, 2019 11:00PM
My sympathies to Elton`s family. Read his post for years, seemed like a great guy.

Posted by: Druid
Date: February 12, 2019 12:01AM
Sorry to hear of his loss.
Will miss him greatly
Drew.

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: February 12, 2019 12:45AM
Sad to hear the news. My condolences to Elton's family. He will surely be missed by all of us on this site. Although I never had the chance to meet Elton in person, I always enjoyed reading his posts. He will be missed by all of us metal detector enthusiasts. My hat is off to him.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2SE, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD, 11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Fortune (NEL Sharpshooter) 5.5"x9.5"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12"x13"DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: February 12, 2019 08:44AM
RIP friend. You will be sorely missed.

Banned this clown for calling Windy City a crook in detector sales and from pm he sent me.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: February 12, 2019 09:21AM
Elton was an asset to metal detecting and to this forum. He was never too busy to answer an email. Always encouraging and Never heavy handed when it came to being a Moderator. He will be sorely missed. Condolences to his friends and family. Rest in Peace Brother.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: bklein
Date: February 12, 2019 09:27AM
Bummed to read this. Good he had such great friends in his life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login