Findmall.com

Announcements

Welcome! Log In Register
Metal Detecting Trips Across the Pond
Posted by: GateKeeper
Date: April 14, 2019 03:24PM
We have been contacted by a company in Scotland that offers metal detecting trips in Scotland. They have asked us to see if there is any interest from our members before they become a sponsor here. The trips will be from September thru March in fields. Trips include room and board. You would be picked up daily and then returned to your lodging everyday from 8am to 4 pm. From there you can enjoy the sights and scenery.

Please respond if anyone is interested so that we can help this potential sponsor decide if he wants to be here.

I take great pleasure knowing that every morning I wake up, and my feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh No, He's awake!

Re: Metal Detecting Trips Across the Pond
Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: April 14, 2019 07:21PM
I would still least entertain learning more about it. But I think it would be epic to detect in Europe.

Posted by: Donna(NJ
Date: April 15, 2019 11:07AM
Absolutely !!! But need more details on price and what it includes. I know a ton of people who'd be interested. I detect with lots of friends in UK. Do they have a web site ???

HH
Donna(NJ)

Posted by: Donna(NJ
Date: April 15, 2019 11:15AM
Absolutely !!! But need more details on price and what it includes. I know a ton of people who'd be interested. Lots of friends who detect in UK.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Posted by: GateKeeper
Date: April 16, 2019 12:29AM
We are working on details and will be posting more information soon.

I take great pleasure knowing that every morning I wake up, and my feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh No, He's awake!

:smile::smile:Re: Metal Detecting Trips Across the Pond
Posted by: JamesBondaka
Date: April 16, 2019 09:21AM
I have an interest as well :smile:

................................*......................... I will find a million dollars, one penny at a time!............Viva Detectorados USA.................*.........................................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If the hobby of metal detecting made perfect sense...everyone would do it~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

V3i ExpSe Xlt F75 Umax Dfx Mxt Gmt Ace ETrac 505 Gold & Coinmaster Deleon Mpx Prizm II Cz5/3D Goldengate 3D BH300 Ctx Jeohunter Tm-808

Posted by: airflyer
Date: April 16, 2019 07:15PM
Yes would be interested also

Posted by: laplander
Date: April 16, 2019 09:31PM
As a veteran of quite a few U.K. trips already I would be very interested in hearing his program. Scotland sounds very intriguing!!
Jeff

Posted by: gwsears
Date: April 17, 2019 11:11PM
Would be interested.

Geo

Trips Across the Pond ? Definitely
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: April 18, 2019 12:22AM
I've heard a lot about trips to England and reports of those who've made that trip as well as some of those rules and regulations.

Don't know about Scotland's detecting rules and regulations. Being a member of the UK, are they the same? or different than England's ?

Love to hear what they have.

Rich (Utah)

Yes absolutely!N/T
Posted by: padiggin
Date: April 18, 2019 12:51PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Don
Reading, Pennsylvania
Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Minelab GPX 4800

Posted by: PopeBurford
Date: April 23, 2019 02:53PM
Yes. I would be interested. In the last few months I have been reading up on several groups/companies that offer detecting trips in the UK. Cost would be a factor. Need to know the details

Posted by: wlininger@hotmail.com
Date: April 27, 2019 02:32PM
Yes. Please send details.

Posted by: Doc Holliday
Date: April 28, 2019 10:45AM
Will be there in August.

So they pick the places where you get to detect? Already hunted out?

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: May 01, 2019 02:44AM
Hi,
I'm from England so i'm not really too familiar with Scotlands detecting laws.I do believe that they are slightly more strict than the laws we have here so it is definately worth looking into it before you decide on a Scottish trip.
Also,i have heard that Scotlands soils can be more heavily mineralised than ours which can make detecting more of a challenge and doesn't help the preservation of copper/bronze items.Again,this is information i have heard/read about and is in no way gained through practical experience.
Scotland is a beautiful country with a very rich history and would no doubt provide a great detecting experience,the Scottish people are very welcoming too.
There is a famous Scottish detectorist known as Toddy who has his own forum......this is worth a look as it will provide a lot of relevant information.He also does some great video's.
Hope this helps,neil.

Ps,just type Toddy's metal detecting on google to access some great info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 02:54AM by Nauti Neil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login