Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: E trac Screen Damage Easy Fix
Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: January 18, 2018 06:16AM
Well done Herb !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Re: E trac Screen Damage Easy Fix
Posted by: dbado1
Date: January 20, 2018 06:39PM
Awesome!

Dean

Does this Screen Make it Possible to See in any Light Condition?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: January 23, 2018 04:21PM
The problem I have with my new E-trac is I just can't see the numbers or cursor on the screen at certain times depending on how daylight is hitting the screen and
so I have to swing the coil in a circle till I can see the screen.

I wonder if this new plexiglass screen makes it possible to see the numbers or cursor at any viewing angle like one can on other **normal** detector screens?

Re: Does this Screen Make it Possible to See in any Light Condition?
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: January 23, 2018 04:50PM
Tony N (Michigan)
The problem I have with my new E-trac is I just can't see the numbers or cursor on the screen at certain times depending on how daylight is hitting the screen and

I wonder if this new plexiglass screen makes it possible to see the numbers or cursor at any viewing angle like one can on other **normal** detector screens?

The screen is the worst screen probly in the entire metal detecting hobby...and made by one of the best out there..but since they obviously don't care what we think they ARE NOT going to fix it..it's really sad...that's where minelab ?!!@$ ...so hopefully the new plexi works better....I'm doubting it....

Date: January 24, 2018 08:47AM
Ksdirt

The screen is the worst screen probly in the entire metal detecting hobby...and made by one of the best out there..but since they obviously don't care what we think they ARE NOT going to fix it..it's really sad...that's where minelab ?!!@$ ...so hopefully the new plexi works better....I'm doubting it....

Minelab really dropped the ball when it comes to the screen on the E-trac. I still can't believe they let this out knowing full well how crappy their screen is.
And what's worse, they did nothing to correct the problem. I tried a screen protector that was supposed to help this problem but it actually made matters worse.
If it wasn't for the fact that my E-trac is a great detector aside from the screen, I'd have gotten rid of it ASAP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2018 08:48AM by Tony N (Michigan).

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 24, 2018 10:53AM
It's like driving a big block Chevelle with a sand blasted windshield. LOL

Date: January 24, 2018 01:00PM
cz70pro

but without crashing and burning. :blowup:

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 24, 2018 02:31PM
Tony N (Michigan)

but without crashing and burning. :blowup:

LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login