Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Unlocking your Etrac depth potential
Posted by: Gannon
Date: January 24, 2018 11:23PM
Joker voice.. “Heeeere we go!”

Tennesseedigger

Youtube Tennesseedigger all one word.. nothing special but some Etrac silver!:wiggle:

Im learning the deep signals and it’s a blast!

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Equinox 800
FTY-18 —-18 silvers coins —-1 silver spoon Ring—-1 Gold Ring

The greatest hobby on Earth!

Re: The guy in our club who finds the most silver . . .
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: January 24, 2018 11:34PM
Tony N (Michigan)
The guy in our club who finds the most silver sets his E-trac up so that the deeper coins sound deeper than the shallow ones. He usually digs the deeper sounds.

Hi Tony can you share his settings with us?

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 25, 2018 12:59AM
Gannon

Tennesseedigger

Youtube Tennesseedigger all one word.. nothing special but some Etrac silver!:wiggle:

Thanks, I hunt in Tennessee as well

Date: January 25, 2018 01:54AM
Gannon

Tennesseedigger

You're learning quick. You have a good grasp of the machine already.

Date: January 25, 2018 09:22AM
cz70pro

Tennesseedigger

Awesome... what areas you hunt?

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Equinox 800

Date: January 25, 2018 12:21PM
Gannon

Tennesseedigger

I hunt in the East Tennessee region from the mountains to around Knoxville. Where do you hunt in TN?

Date: January 25, 2018 07:44PM
cz70pro

Tennesseedigger

I hunt in the East Tennessee region from the mountains to around Knoxville. Where do you hunt in TN?

Chattanooga! But I’m a coin hunter not really into relics.. I dig them but not feverishly like some of my buddies. I’m the guy pounding the same park for months on end!:cheers:

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Equinox 800

Date: January 25, 2018 08:23PM
Gannon

Tennesseedigger

Chattanooga! But I’m a coin hunter not really into relics.. I dig them but not feverishly like some of my buddies. I’m the guy pounding the same park for months on end!:cheers:

I love doing both. I have parks I pound over and over as well.

Posted by: Normx2
Date: January 26, 2018 05:01PM
Yep TTF Ferrous open screen with at least Auto +3 Sens (or higher manually if site allows) will get the deep stuff. If the Etrac says Iron with these settings it's going to be IRON, Low grunt? move on, High tone? I dig it. (I don't collect Iron relics) Pulled an Iron stirrup at 14+ inches with a good high tone even though it was an Iron stirrup because of the closed loop design of the stirrup.

Numbers are almost useless in heavy Iron with this setup but you will find some deep keepers. I do check the cursor position though.

Posted by: njredneck
Date: January 26, 2018 08:47PM
Moist soil is the magic ingredient for me to get maximum depth with my detectors.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 26, 2018 09:20PM
njredneck
Moist soil is the magic ingredient for me to get maximum depth with my detectors.

Absolutely agreed! While I have run into an instance where the soil was super dry and I STILL managed some deep coins,MOIST soil,or the optimum content for that specific soil,can really make detecting those deeps ones easier. I’ve found that when things are SOPPING WET things get pretty strange with wacky IDs and iron really comes alive. If it’s moist like the perfect brownie...it’s all good!:smile:

Date: January 27, 2018 04:34PM
IDXMonster

Absolutely agreed! While I have run into an instance where the soil was super dry and I STILL managed some deep coins,MOIST soil,or the optimum content for that specific soil,can really make detecting those deeps ones easier. I’ve found that when things are SOPPING WET things get pretty strange with wacky IDs and iron really comes alive. If it’s moist like the perfect brownie...it’s all good!:smile:
That’s why I love digging in the winter! Hunt al day long nice and soft. Down to 25 degrees I’m good!

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Equinox 800

Posted by: markinswpa
Date: January 27, 2018 05:48PM
. If it’s moist like the perfect brownie...it’s all good! IDX great analogy , never thought of it like that but your right soil moist and dark like a good brownie. It seems best for id'n, digging, retrieval, and plug mending. Are you able to dig up there yet ? Hope your able to get out. HH Mark

Date: January 27, 2018 07:21PM
markinswpa
. If it’s moist like the perfect brownie...it’s all good! IDX great analogy , never thought of it like that but your right soil moist and dark like a good brownie. It seems best for id'n, digging, retrieval, and plug mending. Are you able to dig up there yet ? Hope your able to get out. HH Mark
I agree.. hunting in the summer sucks! 95 degrees rock hard dirt mosquitos.. :nopity:
Winter spring and fall are perfect

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Equinox 800

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 27, 2018 08:37PM
markinswpa

Yes yes,there’s a woods in Milwaukee I drove 2 hours one way last weekend and today to go hunting with a couple other guys. We did good,8 silvers between the 2 guys who found silver...4 apiece. It wasn’t so much about any coins as it was going and hunting with these guys who are DIE HARD hunters. Chipping ice out to get to the coins is a lot of work! But we had a lot of fun doing it. I hope things settle down for all of us,north AND south...this winter has been brutal so far with the temps. Funny thing is,we’ve hardly really had any snow here. It’s barren.
Only 2 months to spring,and that groundhog of yours had better not be giving us more winter!:lol:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login