Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Disappointed in this Group
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 01, 2017 08:30AM
I changed my Audio from Normal to Smooth and loved it. Why is nobody else running this?

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: Disappointed in this Group
Posted by: sprchng
Date: December 01, 2017 09:12AM
Good for you!!
I tried it long ago and I prefer to be normal.:smile:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 09:13AM by sprchng.

Date: December 01, 2017 10:37AM
sprchng
Good for you!!
I tried it long ago and I prefer to be normal.:smile:

You have to use it a while to begin liking it. I did not like it the first time I tried it myself.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
TRX Pinpointer
Lesche digger

Posted by: coherent
Date: December 01, 2017 03:09PM
I'm definitely no expert, but did do some testing with the different response modes and I thought the smooth mode was the least effective when I tested with 2 (or more) targets right next to each other. I definitely wasn't able to distinguish one target from the other very well. It was more like one larger target than 2 small ones if that makes sense. I suppose it would depend on the area you are hunting and what you are hunting for. In a trashy area I think it would be the least effective response mode but it may be the best depending your specifics. But hey, if you like it, use it!

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 01, 2017 06:19PM
Yes,they put different audio options in the software to cater to different hearing and how people want to hear targets. I’ve used Smooth with the CTX with the 6” coil and it’s literally like using a laser. VERY funky to listen to and it has to be used very slowly,but it was effective. I didn’t do too much testing with it but I will next season. Once you realize what is going on when it moves from target to target I can already see the usefulness.
That’s what’s great about these FBS units...lots of different setups for different sites and different ears. If you get ONE MORE good target out of a site,it’s worth using. I know many people can’t take the sound it makes,but it does so for a reason....and it’s not to just annoy people.:smile:

Posted by: dbado1
Date: December 02, 2017 07:08AM
I prefer Normal over Smooth. It's a personal preference thing.

Dean

Date: December 02, 2017 04:22PM
coherent
I'm definitely no expert, but did do some testing with the different response modes and I thought the smooth mode was the least effective when I tested with 2 (or more) targets right next to each other. I definitely wasn't able to distinguish one target from the other very well. It was more like one larger target than 2 small ones if that makes sense. I suppose it would depend on the area you are hunting and what you are hunting for. In a trashy area I think it would be the least effective response mode but it may be the best depending your specifics. But hey, if you like it, use it!

I was using this in a Clean area and it seemed to make targets jump out at you.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
TRX Pinpointer
Lesche digger

Posted by: metalpopper
Date: December 08, 2017 05:55PM
daddyflea
I changed my Audio from Normal to Smooth and loved it. Why is nobody else running this?

++++++++++++++++++
Hi Daddy

I am partial to long audio, in the right situation, although my default mode is pitch-hold.

I also think you're 'on the money' when you describe the mode as 'shouting-out', " Here I am, dig me".

Of course I acknowledge others comments on its use being subjective to a site being 'busy' or not, but that just good sense.

Stick with it where its suitable, and good hunting; for it will prove to be effective...just hang in there for awhile.

Be resolute, and clobber the iron in your choice of disc settings, then all audio reports are worth your attention....matt

p.s. Two tone FE, with iron FE blanked off from level 32 to 28, should pull you some deep goodies.

Disappointed in this Group?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: December 09, 2017 11:23PM
Disappointed? Perhaps you should scroll back through the etrac and explorer posts for the last 17 years and see some of the discussions we've had on the subject.

As for personal preferences, find what you think is a good, but deep, target and rotate through the different audio selections as well as FAST ON/OFF and DEEP ON/OFF. You can even change the number of tones and see what sounds best to you. Even change the sensitivity to AUTO and MANUAL and see the differences.

Are there settings that clean up the signal to your ears? Find YOUR preference.

Rich (Utah)

:minelab: Etrac - primary yard and park machine
Makro Racer 2 - primary old west sites, high iron trash,
:minelab: Sovereign GT - cruising old parks
:minelab: Equinox 800 - tbd
:tesoro: Bandido - backup old west sites, high iron trash.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 11:27PM by Rich (Utah).

Posted by: njredneck
Date: December 10, 2017 03:12AM
One of the reasons I prefer the Etrac is the ability to try new settings and see what works best for me with my ground. In a few weeks, I will be in Florida and my usual settings will probably have to be modified due to different ground conditions. Every time I swing the detector, I learn something new.

Posted by: Silver_Stallion
Date: December 15, 2017 10:58AM
My guess is we get used to the normal tone.

Date: December 15, 2017 11:01AM
Silver_Stallion
My guess is we get used to the normal tone.

In a fairly clean area the Smooth does not extend those quick iron squeaks. It only extends the good signals.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
TRX Pinpointer
Lesche digger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login