Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: 2017 Year End Finds
Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: December 31, 2017 10:08AM
Thanks Normx2,
I enjoy finding all types of finds, not just the coins.
A cool token, relic or piece of jewelry will make my day.

Dave

Normx2
Dave, I see evidence of real dedication to our hobby. Those are some really cool finds!!!

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: December 31, 2017 04:48PM
Nice lot of finds there . Lots of digging .
This year for me was a quieter year than usual , the bad weather kept my finds rate down .
I had 4 Gold rings , 25 Silver rings , a few junk rings , a few Silver chains including bits of , some foreign coins including a number of US coins and around 25 Euro's worth , some pre decimal British coins and £1719.91p in spendable coinage . No idea how many coins , i could count them but it will take a while to go through all the pictures .
I did 89 trips including 1 on land and searched a number of beaches .

In 2018 i will do the same amount of searches but hope that i will find much more , including many more Gold and Silvers .

Uses = Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 , Minelab X.Terra 705 , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters , Minelab E.Trac for sale .

Date: December 31, 2017 07:52PM
Thanks Nuke em.
Sounds like you got a good pile of jewelry. As my Dad tells me ; it all adds to the collection.

Nuke em
Nice lot of finds there . Lots of digging .
This year for me was a quieter year than usual , the bad weather kept my finds rate down .
I had 4 Gold rings , 25 Silver rings , a few junk rings , a few Silver chains including bits of , some foreign coins including a number of US coins and around 25 Euro's worth , some pre decimal British coins and £1719.91p in spendable coinage . No idea how many coins , i could count them but it will take a while to go through all the pictures .
I did 89 trips including 1 on land and searched a number of beaches .

In 2018 i will do the same amount of searches but hope that i will find much more , including many more Gold and Silvers .

Posted by: utmike
Date: January 01, 2018 08:36PM
Congrats on an amazing year! It's really been a pleasure reading your posts and seeing not just the impressive piles of silver, but also the tokens, badges, medals, etc...

Thanks for sharing your finds!

Date: January 02, 2018 07:22AM
Thank much Mike!
That 1902 Gold Pendant you got was a killer find.
Best of luck in 2018!
Dave

utmike
Congrats on an amazing year! It's really been a pleasure reading your posts and seeing not just the impressive piles of silver, but also the tokens, badges, medals, etc...

Thanks for sharing your finds!

Posted by: diggervance
Date: January 02, 2018 01:43PM
Hey Dave,

It has been a great year for you and a lot of fun for me to watch your weekly posts. It blows me away to see the great finds you have made this year and to see them all together is also mind blowing.
Well done and thanks for all your posts this year. It is a true testament that great finds are still out there to be had. Happy new year and I look forward to your 2018 posts.

Rick

Date: January 02, 2018 06:06PM
Thanks Rick!
Hopefully we will have an early warm spring so we can have some more fun next year.
Great Job again on that Silver Dollar and 2 cent piece. Finds like those make a person's year.

Dave

diggervance
Hey Dave,

It has been a great year for you and a lot of fun for me to watch your weekly posts. It blows me away to see the great finds you have made this year and to see them all together is also mind blowing.
Well done and thanks for all your posts this year. It is a true testament that great finds are still out there to be had. Happy new year and I look forward to your 2018 posts.

Rick

Posted by: Silver Bullet
Date: January 03, 2018 07:40AM
I saw your year end post yesterday, and it is amazing. I was thinking about my totals, and started calculating the coin value of your silvers (actual face value, not value of silver). You have 230 silver coins. Even if every coin was a dime, that totals $23.00. I assume you dig some clad on your trips, especially some of the deeper clad quarters/dimes. Do you dig all clad signals, and if so, do you have a total clad value you found this year? I bet it is impressive. Thanks again for all the posts throughout the year.

SB

Date: January 03, 2018 06:26PM
Thanks SB!
I tumbled my clad last winter from the prior 2 years and I believe the total was like $780.00. This year I have a pretty big clad pile.
90% of the time I will dig all quarter signals including the surface coins unless I am tired and after something deeper.
I usually skip the surface zincolns and clad dimes unless I am at a turned site where old is mixed with new.
When hitting a new site I initially dig everything to get a feel for the coin depth. I also initially check the newer penny dates to see how
close to a wheat penny they are to determine if I am going to keep working that site.

Dave

Silver Bullet
I saw your year end post yesterday, and it is amazing. I was thinking about my totals, and started calculating the coin value of your silvers (actual face value, not value of silver). You have 230 silver coins. Even if every coin was a dime, that totals $23.00. I assume you dig some clad on your trips, especially some of the deeper clad quarters/dimes. Do you dig all clad signals, and if so, do you have a total clad value you found this year? I bet it is impressive. Thanks again for all the posts throughout the year.

SB

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: January 16, 2018 08:14PM
Amazing collection of finds for just one year! Tons of great old coins and relics! That’s a lot of effort and time along with knowing your machine to be that productive in any area much less public spots. You certainly have all the combinations figured out and it sure shows with the amount of guality finds you come home with every weekend. Keep it up FPD looking forward to what you unearth in the new year!

Posted by: Mark in S.E. IA
Date: January 17, 2018 12:50PM
Dave, I see you had another outstanding year, congrat's.... I love seeing your post's.

HH
Mark

Etrac

X-505
10.5 DD 7.5 coil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login