Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
BACK TO THE OLD SITES
Posted by: mike k.
Date: January 07, 2018 10:07AM
now that I am starting to get used to my new etrac , I am going back to old sites that I Hammered to death years ago with my Garret grandmaster , with 4 different coils .At that time 20-30 years ago I found lots of coins . I stopped going , when I could not find anymore . Also told members of my detecting club to go there and see what they could find . No one could find anything . UPDATE - I just went there again 25 years later with new etrac ,and Im finding coins again , mostly 5,and 10 cent silver that the Garret would not detect . Its nice - no research just visit old sites wow . - mike

Re: BACK TO THE OLD SITES
Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 07, 2018 12:12PM
mike k.
now that I am starting to get used to my new etrac , I am going back to old sites that I Hammered to death years ago with my Garret grandmaster , with 4 different coils .At that time 20-30 years ago I found lots of coins . I stopped going , when I could not find anymore . Also told members of my detecting club to go there and see what they could find . No one could find anything . UPDATE - I just went there again 25 years later with new etrac ,and Im finding coins again , mostly 5,and 10 cent silver that the Garret would not detect . Its nice - no research just visit old sites wow . - mike

I did the same thing when I got my E-Trac. It was like hunting brand new sites and I was amazed at the things I had missed. I found even more when I hit the really trashy areas with a small coil and the E-Trac. Good luck and hope you make lot's of great finds.

Greg

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 07, 2018 03:24PM
Amen to what you both said! You’ll have ALOT of fun!

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: January 14, 2018 06:42AM
Yes, it's always worth going back to old sites that you have already hunted - I've done it many times and it's resulted in a lot of good finds !
It's worth going back if you have a different machine, a different coil, a new program, when the ground is water saturated, etc.
It can also be a lot easier than going to a new site - you already have permission to hunt area and you already know the lay of the land !

XP Deus * 9" Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login