Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Etrac can't see silver dollars?
Posted by: Richard-N-FL
Date: January 24, 2018 06:23PM
I just air tested a peace dollar and Morgan on my Etrac. Neither hits well enough to dig. Sounds like it's discriminated out. I've tried quick mask clear screen and all metal modes. Switched coils and get the same response. PLEASE...grab you Etrac and peace dollars and try it. I've contacted Minelab and waiting for a reply. Thanks

Re: Etrac can't see silver dollars?
Posted by: Elton
Date: January 24, 2018 06:28PM
That has been know for some time.You need to allow that target.

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: Ben Town
Date: January 24, 2018 06:42PM
I had a program on my CTX that would not allow silver dollars and half dollars weren’t there either.
I just opened the area up until they sounded off , but not too much either.
I would guess the basic Discrimanation except and reject is similar on both machines , so maybe just keep bench testing
BT

Posted by: WV62
Date: January 24, 2018 07:06PM
When I got my E-Trac it was new but pre-owned the disc pattern was set to a standard factory coin program. I actually hunted that way a time or 2 and then I air tested with putting a bunch of coins on a rock just barley above the ground. There was area blacked out in the upper right corner and it was knocking out silver half dollars and dollars. I edited out that black area and bingo I was picking up the coins.

Now if you are sure you are running an open screen with nothing blacked out you should get all metal and your silver dollars. If not your detector is not working as it should.

Just checking are you new to the E-Trac? It helps if people know you level of experience. If you are somewhat new to the E-Trac you may want to try to do a factory reset just to make sure you clear out anything you may have set in the machine. Then select the factory coin pattern and edit out the black area in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Etrac can't see silver dollars? No way. Say it ain't so!
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 24, 2018 09:31PM
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1925349,1925349#msg-1925349

Richard,

Your etrac should respond to a silver dollar as long as you've not blocked it with your discrimination. I've been fortunate enough to find a few silver dollars and halves over the years. You need to make sure that you have the upper right corner of your etrac 2D screen OPEN for targets. Some discrimination programs have that upper line blocked out. Take a picture of your discrimination screen and post it for us to see along with your program settings.

My general discrimination pattern blocks out crown caps / bottle tops (whatever you want to call them), and the Ferrous 27 line and below. Unless I am doing something special, this is all the 'discrimination' I typically use.

Rich (Utah)

Re: Etrac can't see silver dollars? No way. Say it ain't so!
Date: January 25, 2018 07:02PM
Rich I stated that I'm using a clear screen with NO discrimination and quick mask. Still no-go on the response to silver dollars. Halves I find. Thanks

Date: January 25, 2018 07:08PM
I'm wondering if anyone actually read my entire post? I clearly said I set the Etrac in all metal and clear screen quick mask. I know all about the Etrac and the factory coin program blocking silver halves and dollars. My Etrac won't see them in ALL METAL MODE!

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 25, 2018 07:15PM
Richard-N-FL
I'm wondering if anyone actually read my entire post? I clearly said I set the Etrac in all metal and clear screen quick mask. I know all about the Etrac and the factory coin program blocking silver halves and dollars. My Etrac won't see them in ALL METAL MODE!

Richard,do you have the ability to post pics? IF you have NO disc applied,none of your other settings matter. If you have anything but a solid response from a silver dollar there is a problem with the machine. Please post a pic of your hunting screen if possible. Yes,I’ve read the post. I just want to see the screen with my own eyes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2018 07:22PM by IDXMonster.

Date: January 25, 2018 07:25PM
You don’t have an issue with the external speaker,therefore making it sound broken? Sounds the same through headphones? Other coins are Ok?

Date: January 25, 2018 07:27PM
You could save your patterns if needed and try the factory reset,there might be a glitch going on also....just thinking of possibilities....

Posted by: WV62
Date: January 25, 2018 08:34PM
Just work it out for your self.

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: January 25, 2018 10:14PM
Richard-N-FL

"I clearly said I set the Etrac in all metal and clear screen quick mask."

I'd like to know the answer too. I have never tested a Morgan but I have always trusted the Quick Mask as a no-brainer to detect it all wide open.

Date: January 25, 2018 11:36PM
5900_XL-1

I'd like to know the answer too. I have never tested a Morgan but I have always trusted the Quick Mask as a no-brainer to detect it all wide open.

Also...the etrac does not have an “ALL METAL” setting,per se....all metal on the etrac is simply a clear screen in either discrimination or quick mask.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: January 26, 2018 12:15AM
IDXMonster

Also...the etrac does not have an “ALL METAL” setting,per se....all metal on the etrac is simply a clear screen in either discrimination or quick mask.

QUICK MASK. Sorry for the caps but when it has been stated that the screen was open, that really says ALL metal if anything does. Just what does this have to do with the OP's Etrac not picking up a Morgan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 12:22AM by 5900_XL-1.

Date: January 26, 2018 05:23AM
5900....the Op said he set the etrac in all metal AND clear quick mask,as though they are 2 different things. I don’t know what he has going on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login