Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Etrac can't see silver dollars?
Posted by: markinswpa
Date: January 26, 2018 09:26AM
Hey guys, air test indoors, in open screen, quickmask, trashy park, Andy S. my machine can't see a Morgan. Maybe a chirp on it and it comes off the side of the coil or nothing at all. I'm running a SEF 10x12. A half sings sweet but nothing on the dollar. I've noticed this before when playing with settings and have been told before that its a glitch with the machine. Oddly enough I got a repeatable on one this morning, indoor air test, in coins mode manual 22 coin flat and hitting center coil. On edge barely a chirp and crazy numbers. One has to wonder how many of those iffy signals with no significant numbers were actually good targets passed over. One other thing I noticed, when I am able to get a repeatable signal, it doesn't ring sweet like a walker half. Still have much to learn about my etrac but so far I have to say its a great machine. Mark

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: January 26, 2018 10:05AM
So the Op is calling “all metal” a cleared primary discrimination screen and then switching to Quick Mask and completely clearing that also,I assume that’s what is being called “all metal”. The CtX and etrac have the same numbering...1-35 FE and 1-50 CO. I have a 1903 Morgan that I just tested on the CTX with stock coil and it hit loud and clear. I also tested it on my Explorer2 with Sunday 8” coil with ALOT of discrimination and it hit loud and clear.
Just FYI...

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 26, 2018 05:32PM
Richard-N-FL
I just air tested a peace dollar and Morgan on my Etrac. Neither hits well enough to dig. Sounds like it's discriminated out. I've tried quick mask clear screen and all metal modes. Switched coils and get the same response. PLEASE...grab you Etrac and peace dollars and try it. I've contacted Minelab and waiting for a reply. Thanks

Just went outside and air tested one of my dug Morgans and it hit on it with no problem up to about 12 inches and was reading a solid 1-40/1-41. Tried Trashy Park, Andy S and Quick Mask. Hit on it every time and with a strong signal.

However, I had it in Auto +3 when I first turned it on and it did have trouble giving what I would consider to be a good solid hit on it. Switched over to Manual 26 and it hit it like a gong and pegged the depth meter. You might want to look at that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2018 05:34PM by cz70pro.

silver dollars?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 27, 2018 03:28AM
Richard-N-FL
I'm wondering if anyone actually read my entire post? I clearly said I set the Etrac in all metal and clear screen quick mask. I know all about the Etrac and the factory coin program blocking silver halves and dollars. My Etrac won't see them in ALL METAL MODE!

Richard,

I’m interested to know if you’ve heard back from Minelab about this problem.

You mentioned problem occurs with either of your coils. Which coils have you tried that give this result?

Just need to know your settings so I can match and see if I get your same result.

Rich

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 27, 2018 08:57PM
I have heard if your ground is set to normal instead of difficult this can occur. Check this out and let us know.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: Track can't see silver dollars?
Posted by: expII al
Date: January 29, 2018 09:40PM
My etrac picks up silver dollars in every program. I had to use the "learn feature " to make that happen.

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: January 30, 2018 03:10PM
cz70pro

I just air tested a peace dollar and Morgan on my Etrac. Neither hits well enough to dig. Sounds like it's discriminated out. I've tried quick mask clear screen and all metal modes. Switched coils and get the same response. PLEASE...grab you Etrac and peace dollars and try it. I've contacted Minelab and waiting for a reply. Thanks

Just went outside and air tested one of my dug Morgans and it hit on it with no problem up to about 12 inches and was reading a solid 1-40/1-41. Tried Trashy Park, Andy S and Quick Mask. Hit on it every time and with a strong signal.

However, I had it in Auto +3 when I first turned it on and it did have trouble giving what I would consider to be a good solid hit on it. Switched over to Manual 26 and it hit it like a gong and pegged the depth meter. You might want to look at that.

So what you are saying is by switching to Manual, it disengages or overrides Auto +3?

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: January 30, 2018 03:24PM
Tony N (Michigan)

So what you are saying is by switching to Manual, it disengages or overrides Auto +3?

Yes, once you switch over to Manual Sensitivity it disengages Automatic Sensitivity.and allows you to manually set where you want the sensitivity level. I set it as high as I can go without it becoming unstable and falsing too much. Even if you just set the Manual at the same number as the Auto it will usually hit targets harder and deeper.

Etrac can't see silver dollars?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: January 30, 2018 09:26PM
Seems we've lost our OP and never received an answer about the settings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login