Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Etrac finds!
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: February 02, 2018 07:20AM
Normx2
Very informative post Greg, I'm relatively new with the Etrac but have been metal detecting 20+ yrs using Beepers with good results. After watching a million videos on various machines with screens, numbers, needles, 3D and Holograms I chose the Etrac and I'm glad I did.

I've been aware of Minelab history and products for years and that alone was a big influence in my choice of the Etrac.

But what's most important to me is I didn't find another detector made that offers the choices of functions that the Etrac does, and even more than that each and everyone of those functions have a use and perform as advertised. I relic hunt mostly and have found cavalry stirrups at 14 inches that produced clear loud tones in TTF. I have a lot to learn about the detector but another big plus is that there are numerous forums and videos that offer suggestions and help from Etrac users around the world.

I don't see anything on the horizon that will outperform the Etrac when all of it's functions and capabilities are considered.

Minelab is currently releasing a new detector aimed at a particular market and I'm sure it will be a good machine but Minelab didn't fall off of the pulltab truck from Goobertown yesterday.

The Etrac and FBS is King in my opinion and I believe it will remain so. Oh, and now there is a US based service center.

Agreed totally Norm,FBS is king....when results are sampled over time with quality,depth and accuracy or finds. How many people can’t be wrong? None of them...
If the Equinox does some things better,it’ll be nothing short of a miracle,and I’m not talking about weight as being “better”. Weight doesn’t provide target ID on deep coins...

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: February 02, 2018 11:13AM
IDXMonster

Very informative post Greg, I'm relatively new with the Etrac but have been metal detecting 20+ yrs using Beepers with good results. After watching a million videos on various machines with screens, numbers, needles, 3D and Holograms I chose the Etrac and I'm glad I did.

I've been aware of Minelab history and products for years and that alone was a big influence in my choice of the Etrac.

But what's most important to me is I didn't find another detector made that offers the choices of functions that the Etrac does, and even more than that each and everyone of those functions have a use and perform as advertised. I relic hunt mostly and have found cavalry stirrups at 14 inches that produced clear loud tones in TTF. I have a lot to learn about the detector but another big plus is that there are numerous forums and videos that offer suggestions and help from Etrac users around the world.

I don't see anything on the horizon that will outperform the Etrac when all of it's functions and capabilities are considered.

Minelab is currently releasing a new detector aimed at a particular market and I'm sure it will be a good machine but Minelab didn't fall off of the pulltab truck from Goobertown yesterday.

The Etrac and FBS is King in my opinion and I believe it will remain so. Oh, and now there is a US based service center.

Agreed totally Norm,FBS is king....when results are sampled over time with quality,depth and accuracy or finds. How many people can’t be wrong? None of them...
If the Equinox does some things better,it’ll be nothing short of a miracle,and I’m not talking about weight as being “better”. Weight doesn’t provide target ID on deep coins...

IDX, really looking forward to see how IQ does in comparison to FBS. I really like what I have read about IQ but I think FBS will remain king when it comes to coin hunting and deep target ID.

Posted by: Gannon
Date: February 02, 2018 08:44PM
Pulled another one yesterday! A cut up Rosie about 5 inches down.

These are all sites I’ve pounded to death!

I’ve stated this before but what I’ve done is go back to all my cataloged spots. I start in a corner and begin gridding. I then mark the spot and direction I left off when I come back,
Now this takes FOREVER it is painfully slow, my arm hurts swinging for 4 hours straight but the Etrac is killing it! :cheers:

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
FTY-18 —-13silvers coins —-1 silver spoon Ring

The greatest hobby on Earth!

Posted by: diggervance
Date: February 02, 2018 09:09PM
Hello Gannon,
Well your off to a great start. It only gets better as you begin to realize that all singles are not all black and white. I'm 4 years into the etrac and I'm still learning.
HH and I look forward to watching your success.
DIGGERVANCE

Posted by: Gannon
Date: February 02, 2018 09:55PM
diggervance
Hello Gannon,
Well your off to a great start. It only gets better as you begin to realize that all singles are not all black and white. I'm 4 years into the etrac and I'm still learning.
HH and I look forward to watching your success.
DIGGERVANCE
Thanks! I’m filming most my hunts on my little youtube channel. I’ll post up a link in my signature.
My poor deus hasn’t been out in weeks!

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
FTY-18 —-13silvers coins —-1 silver spoon Ring

The greatest hobby on Earth!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login