Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
hydro wires
Posted by: mike k.
Date: February 28, 2018 08:42PM
I detect in a field near hydro poles and wires . Using my sovereign - no problem , using my etrac - eratic and falsing (lots of interference ) Am I doing something wrong , or is it the detector frequencies ?

Re: hydro wires
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: February 28, 2018 08:57PM
Mike,what are “hydro wires”? High tension lines and telephone lines along with bad/“leaking” transformers can cause EMI. Firstly,do a proper Noise Cancel. You can run through the channels manually also to see if you can get it quieter than the machine comes up with. You can try a smaller coil. If you don’t have one,the LAST resort should be turning down your Sensitivity,but it might come to that if you can’t rectify the problem and you have nowhere else to hunt.

Posted by: mike k.
Date: March 01, 2018 04:01PM
Yes high tension electricity lines that run beside roadways everwhere . Up here in Canada we call them hydro wires (hydro-electricity ) .I tried adjustments to the etrac , but could not eliminate the chatter ,from these . I then went out in another nearby field , and did not have a problem . Good thing I have a sovereign for backup . - thanks

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: March 01, 2018 07:10PM
Oh oh oh....sorry about that,it makes sense now. Yeah some places are just screwy with EMI that FBS doesn’t care for. It Is good you’ve got the Sov as it very well may be your saving grace where the eTrac acts up.
Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login