Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
E-TRAC DEAD OR ALIVE ???????????
Posted by: St Bernard
Date: March 01, 2018 12:17PM
Is the E-TRAC dead or alive?? I know this detector has been around for quite awhile from when it was released. technology has really advanced in the last few years. Do you think the new E600 and the new E800 will kill the sales for the E-TRAC being a lot cheaper and latest technology from Minelab to buy? The FBS technology has proven it self many times for many people. I am thinking later this year or first of next year getting the E-TRAC because of its proven track record. We know how deep the detector will find coins etc and it will take time to see if the E800 can out do it better than the E-TRAC. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bill

Re: E-TRAC DEAD OR ALIVE ???????????
Posted by: Normx2
Date: March 01, 2018 12:27PM
The Etrac and CTX are in a class by themselves still today. The Equinox is not comparable except by name.

Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: March 01, 2018 12:40PM
All I will say is the CTX 3030 didn't kill the Etrac and I am sure the Equinox will not kill the CTX 3030. They are all great machines. Minelab has some winner's.

E-Trac is alive a well...so are the CZ's for that matter :smile:
Posted by: therover
Date: March 01, 2018 01:11PM
I think those 2 detectors will still be alive and kicking for years n years.

Proven platform, reliable and those who use them as their primary unit continue to make great finds.

My E and CZ's will be in the arsenal forever.

Posted by: jarid
Date: March 01, 2018 01:35PM
I think it will still be a long time before technology advances far enough to consider the mighty E trac dead. FAKE NEWS. lol

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: March 01, 2018 07:19PM
IMHO,for what the FBS/FBS2 machines have found for ME....until someone comes up with a video screen SHOWING YOU THE TARGET IN THE GROUND,Explorers,eTracs and CTXs will continue to be at the very pinnacle of deep coin hunting. As with any machine,if you know it very well,you will be successful.

Posted by: Always Curious
Date: March 02, 2018 12:10AM
I agree. I have an Etrac, and based on a few sessions with the Equinox, while it has some advantages in trashy ground, the Equinox is unlikely to push the Etrac aside. Machines like the Deus and Impact might be another story.

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: March 02, 2018 05:47AM
Don't forget the Safari as well.

Minelab Equinox 600, Teknetics T2 classic

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: March 02, 2018 06:13AM
Are you kidding???----It will take more than any Equinox to "kill" an Etrac!----Minelab themselves never made that claim--quite the opposite in fact.----Perhaps get an Equinox if you want to "compliment" an Etrac but a Equinox sure isn't going to beat an Etrac at what it does best which is find deep silver/coppers.

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: March 02, 2018 06:38AM
Just my opinion ...
Technology is advancing rapidly and new machines are being produced at an accelerated rate.
But I believe that when the dust settles the Minelab E-Trac will always be considered on of the best metal detectors that was ever produced.

But whoever manufactures the first machine that can tell the difference between a pop top and gold - will rule the world ! :yo:

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: mascard1
Date: March 02, 2018 08:39AM
Yep....E-trac is still Top Dog to me....And lets not forget the Sunray Probe...The feeling when hunting deep coins(That are deep and sound like iron)..to be able to put probe in hole and iron nulls.....No digging for that iron!!! and the Minelab 35 probe..iron disc....Well ..that is not to great...Wish it was at least two tones...instead of a solid noise..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 08:40AM by mascard1.

Posted by: roadapple
Date: March 02, 2018 11:00PM
The new technologies like Lipstick on a pig when it comes to comparing to the FBS technology. Until they come out with new technology that is superior stick with what you know

Posted by: Xdigger
Date: March 04, 2018 09:53PM
One does have to consider the weight issue. The E-trac and CTX can tear your arm to pieces, never mind the harness you can attach yourself to, that just makes the point moot. They are all good machines but there is the health and comfort factor as well.

Posted by: Pastor bob
Date: March 05, 2018 10:06AM
Who says the E-Trac is heavy?

Posted by: HighPlainsHunter
Date: March 05, 2018 10:19AM
Pastor bob
Who says the E-Trac is heavy?

Ain't it the truth. That made me laugh out loud...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login