Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: March 05, 2018 10:29AM
Hey----Wared u git dat piture uf me???:yikes::wink:

Re: E-TRAC DEAD OR ALIVE ???????????
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: March 05, 2018 06:39PM
D&P-OR

:lol: And it’s not even photo shopped Del!

I agree the FBS machines tend to have some weight,it helps ALOT when you’re digging targets every 3-4 minutes and FOR 3-4 minutes, instead of swinging for long periods of time between finds. But for WHAT they find...unless a guy CANNOT physically do it,there are few alternative machines that provide the detail of information they provide via audio AND visually with the Smart Screen/FECO readout. And by “few” I mean “none”. Just my VERY biased 2c...

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: March 05, 2018 07:00PM
IDXMonster

I agree the FBS machines tend to have some weight,it helps ALOT when you’re digging targets every 3-4 minutes and FOR 3-4 minutes, instead of swinging for long periods of time between finds. But for WHAT they find...unless a guy CANNOT physically do it,there are few alternative machines that provide the detail of information they provide via audio AND visually with the Smart Screen/FECO readout. And by “few” I mean “none”. Just my VERY biased 2c...

Agreed IDX. I must be in some kind of minority as I really don't find the E-Trac to be all that heavy. Swung it on Saturday for 8 hours up and down the hills in the woods at a Civil War camp site without any problem. I get it if someone is of an advanced age, has a physical limitation or injury and they think it is a heavy machine but I do not see that being any fault of the actual machine. The Whites V3i which I do not believe has any better balance and weighs 4 1/2 pounds (a full pound heavier than the E-Trac) and I never hear anyone complaining about it's weight.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: March 05, 2018 08:27PM
cz70pro

Agreed IDX. I must be in some kind of minority as I really don't find the E-Trac to be all that heavy. Swung it on Saturday for 8 hours up and down the hills in the woods at a Civil War camp site without any problem. I get it if someone is of an advanced age, has a physical limitation or injury and they think it is a heavy machine but I do not see that being any fault of the actual machine. The Whites V3i which I do not believe has any better balance and weighs 4 1/2 pounds (a full pound heavier than the E-Trac) and I never hear anyone complaining about it's weight.

CZ,you bring up a point that I’ve wondered about. I know the V3i is Whites flagship but I hear very little chatter about people finding a lot of stuff with them. Even in the main detecting forums,there’s just not a whole lot of conversation. Are V3i owners closet hunters or is everything posted on the sub forums? It’s kind of odd,but then again maybe I’m not looking at everything coming across the boards. There seems to be Minelab stuff EVERYWHERE,and a lot of people making good finds.
You have your eTrac in the woods relic hunting? Don’t you know they’re no good for that? You need something lighter,faster,cheaper,more accurate with better depth!:wink:

Date: March 06, 2018 10:34AM
IDXMonster

CZ,you bring up a point that I’ve wondered about. I know the V3i is Whites flagship but I hear very little chatter about people finding a lot of stuff with them. Even in the main detecting forums,there’s just not a whole lot of conversation. Are V3i owners closet hunters or is everything posted on the sub forums? It’s kind of odd,but then again maybe I’m not looking at everything coming across the boards. There seems to be Minelab stuff EVERYWHERE,and a lot of people making good finds.
You have your eTrac in the woods relic hunting? Don’t you know they’re no good for that? You need something lighter,faster,cheaper,more accurate with better depth!:wink:

What was I thinking? I wish I had heard from you before venturing into the woods to relic hunt only armed with an E-Trac! Just as well I guess, as I managed to pull 11 bullets from a severely hunted out site. In the first two hours , I found two with the stock coil and then we decided to try and switch to the small coils and see what happened. After putting my X-5 on I was amazed to find 9 more bullets. We don't think the site had ever been hunted with a small coil. I will say it over and over, the E-Trac is a severely under rated relic hunter. I have dug 3 ringers at the 11-12 inch marks several times with my E-Trac.

Speaking of flagships, look at Garrett's sorry excuse for one. I will never understand why they have not brought out a new one all these years. Same tired old tech GTI 2500 machine sits on top year after year. I guess they are bringing enough bacon home with the AT line which is a great machine for the money. (although I think the Nox is cutting into their sales quite a bit right now)

As for the V3i, I have wondered the very same thing. I rarely see them post finds and when I do see them it is usually a silver dime or two. Most of the conversation is about how to tweek the settings. There are a couple of good White's machines out there like the MXT lineup but the last time I swung a White's was when I had my Spectrum XLT. I liked it alright but I never thought I was getting very good depth with it. I was a long time Garrett user with the ADS and Freedom II machines but at the time, Garrett only had it's GTI lineup which I had tried and hated, I decided to move to something else and went to my dealer. Went home with a new CZ-70Pro and CZ-20. Awesome machines with real depth. I only wish I had not listened to people back then saying the Minelabs were too hard to use as I would have gone with an Explorer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 10:38AM by cz70pro.

Re: E-TRAC DEAD OR ALIVE ?
Date: March 06, 2018 05:47PM
Rich (Utah)
I had to do some checking on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkrUG3OrPc

It's official.

Rich -

LOL :clapping:

Re: E-TRAC DEAD OR ALIVE ?
Posted by: nge
Date: March 28, 2018 11:03PM
After 8 months of tweaking my Etrac to tell me that there are silver dimes mixed with trash in the same hole at 14" deep, nah, I don't think equinox can beat my Etrac. And it is NOT TTF! Using my stock 11" pro coil.

Posted by: sandnsea49
Date: April 19, 2018 06:22PM
I am 70 years young and can swing the Etrac 4 or 5 hours no problem. If you know how to set it up it is not heavy at all.

Posted by: Foreverteachable
Date: May 08, 2018 01:43PM
Pastor bob
Who says the E-Trac is heavy?
Hahahaha awesome!

Posted by: Willee
Date: May 08, 2018 07:49PM
Ask yourself ... how is it possible for a $700 detector to be as good or even better than one that sells for $1500 or $2500?
Then go use a Equinox at the salt water beach ... you will still be asking how is this possible.
I think Minelab made a marketing mistake ... but I am sure happy about it.
All you die hard beach hunters need to give this new detector a serious trial.

Date: May 08, 2018 08:32PM
Willee
Ask yourself ... how is it possible for a $700 detector to be as good or even better than one that sells for $1500 or $2500?
Then go use a Equinox at the salt water beach ... you will still be asking how is this possible.
I think Minelab made a marketing mistake ... but I am sure happy about it.
All you die hard beach hunters need to give this new detector a serious trial.

I agree, it is an awesome value. I have watched many water hunters on YouTube killing it with the NOX. NH Beach Hunting loves his.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: May 10, 2018 03:17PM
There is a reason Minelab rates the E800 below the Etrac and CTX in their own propaganda. It just doesn't have the discriminating ability as the other two not to mention the other "amenities"that E800 fan boys always forget to mention when they start shouting value. Detectors don't get heavy if you're digging good targets and neither the Etrac or CTX have ever gotten heavy in a hunt for me. I don't hunt endless fields of stubble and I'm not a beep and dig beach hunter so the much better tonal qualities and discrimination of the tried and true machines is more important to me.

Posted by: jd88047
Date: May 11, 2018 02:49AM
Man I lost this site for awhile. Having a Etrac I will say I happy with it and just dont see it going anywhere. Its a tank, and the weight does not bother me. It has a slower recovery speed, but Im not on seeded hunts. Just love all the info you can get with push of a few buttons. Love the ten programs I can store too. Im already seeing less than stellar feedback on the Nox. When they quit making parts and repairing the Etrac I will let it go. Darn thing is a fun machine to hunt with.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login