Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Spring Taring Went Well
Posted by: diggervance
Date: March 11, 2018 04:25PM
Well it's been hit and miss weather here and Michigan and this weekend was good enough to get a couple of hunts in at a couple of my favorite spots.

The first spot his a place I hit at the beginning of every season because it is hilly huge and has a good chance of producing coins and artifacts.
I was not disappointed as it turned a few wheat's, a buff and 2 mercs. This is seven years running this park has turned silver for me.

The second place I hit today turned a lot of cool finds as well as 3 mercs 1917,1923,1925 and a 1936 buff and a war nick. It also turned the half dollar
, the very old watch that was 9 to ten inches deep. I am amazed the glass is still intact. The pin at the top right I believe to be old as well 8+ inches and seems to be mad of pewter and the design seems old from what I can tell.

I pounded this place hard last year and the coins that got turned today was with the Detect ultimate 13 inch coil new to me this year. I will become a spokesman for this coil. very well balanced able to swing for long periods of time ad it goes deep.

Anyway good start was happy with the weekend I hope the weather is going to flip and stay good. Thanks for looking

H.H.

Rick

Re: Spring Taring Went Well
Posted by: cz70pro
Date: March 11, 2018 04:53PM
Hey Rick! Now that's a really nice weekend's haul there. Congrats on the five silver and good to hear the Ultimate is working so well for you. Hope the weather cooperates and let's you out to hunt again soon.

Greg

Date: March 11, 2018 05:09PM
Thanks Greg,

My keyboard is screwed up as you can tell with the misspelled words lol I guess I should clean it.

Rick

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: March 11, 2018 05:39PM
diggervance
Thanks Greg,

My keyboard is screwed up as you can tell with the misspelled words lol I guess I should clean it.

Rick

No problem. I was wondering what a Taring was. Figured it was just a Michigan thing. LOL I googled it and knew it had to do with weighing something but I also found out it is an Indonesian word for "fangs". Guess thanks to your stuck keyboard I learned something new today! LOL

Greg

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: March 12, 2018 07:23AM
Nice Finds Rick.:clapping:
My last name is the same as that dollar token you found

- Dave

Date: March 12, 2018 10:42AM
Hey buddy its yours if you want it!
Rick

Posted by: chipper97
Date: March 13, 2018 05:36PM
Great going Rick! I use the Detech Ultimate almost exclusively on my Etrac unless it's really trashy. It's a great coil. It obviously helped you snag some more goodies out of 2 of your favorite spots. Hope it's the start of a great season for you up in Michigan!

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: March 15, 2018 06:17AM
Congrats on the great finds !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: March 20, 2018 08:23AM
Great group of finds Rick! I run the Ultimate coil 90% of the time and love how it performs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login