Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: April 14, 2018 11:04PM
I was looking for Civil War spots on the maps when I stumbled on a spot that was perfect for some coin shooting. I went to try it out Wednesday evening and it did not disappoint with Mercs and Washingtons. I found 8 silver coins in about 4 hours that night. I was looking forward to getting back there and was able to hunt it for a couple more hours Friday. My very first signal sounded like a silver quarter on the Etrac but out popped a coin that looked more like a clad quarter. I was surprised when I picked it up to see it was a thick green coin and I wet it enough to see the little details left of a worn large cent! I haven't dug a Largie in a long time. I went back to digging and got three more silver dimes and a nice sterling ring. The whole time I was thinking there is a good chance of finding a silver half here. Well as luck would have it right at dark, I got a screaming 3-46 signal and I knew for sure it would be big silver. Cut the plug and pulled out a nice Walker! I did get a couple of nice dropped CW bullets but it was a lot of fun digging all this silver! Had rain here all day so it was good to clean everything up and do a little more research. HH-David

Re: Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!
Posted by: trojdor
Date: April 15, 2018 03:41AM
Exceptionally nice... :thumbup:

Well done,
:)
mike

Re: Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!
Posted by: Ted S
Date: April 15, 2018 04:36AM
Some nice finds!

Posted by: Normx2
Date: April 15, 2018 07:32AM
Mighty nice finds, good site!!!:clapping:

Date: April 15, 2018 09:24AM
trojdor
Exceptionally nice... :thumbup:

Well done,
:)
mike

Thanks Mike!

Date: April 15, 2018 09:25AM
Ted S
Some nice finds!

Thanks Ted!

Date: April 15, 2018 09:26AM
Normx2
Mighty nice finds, good site!!!:clapping:

Thanks!

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: April 15, 2018 12:14PM
Epic is right! That is an awesome spot you found. Any idea what was happening at that spot back in the day? If you can say, of course.

Greg

Posted by: Dale(Ia)
Date: April 15, 2018 07:00PM
What a day you had, Dave! Congrat's!!

Iowa Dale

Date: April 15, 2018 07:13PM
cz70pro
Epic is right! That is an awesome spot you found. Any idea what was happening at that spot back in the day? If you can say, of course.

Greg

Thanks Greg! Yeah there were homes built here in 1950 and got flooded out a few years back. The city did a buy out and knocked them down. So I went along hunting the front yards of as many as I could,

Date: April 15, 2018 07:13PM
Dale(Ia)
What a day you had, Dave! Congrat's!!

Iowa Dale

Thanks Dale!

Posted by: utmike
Date: April 16, 2018 12:25AM
Amazing finds! Congrats on the large cent and the pile of silver.

Date: April 16, 2018 06:28AM
utmike
Amazing finds! Congrats on the large cent and the pile of silver.

Thanks Mike!

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: April 16, 2018 06:47AM
Another fantastic bunch of finds Dave - well done ! :clapping:

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Date: April 16, 2018 08:29AM
E-Trac-Ohio
Another fantastic bunch of finds Dave - well done ! :clapping:

Thanks Mark!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login