Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: You hit one out of the park on the 3 legged buffalo! :clapping:
Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: May 15, 2018 08:46PM
Thanks Tony. I never thought I would see that coin..

Tony N (Michigan)
Re: You hit one out of the park on the 3 legged buffalo! :clapping:
n/t

Re: 3 Legged Buffalo Nickel !!
Date: May 15, 2018 08:48PM
Thanks much Dale!
Now if I could only run across a US large cent. May have to drive south a ways to increase my odds on that.

Dale(Ia)
Helluva' find, FPD!!!! Congrat's on a real rarity!

Iowa Dale

Posted by: Mkus
Date: May 22, 2018 12:47PM
floodplaindetector
Thanks much Dale!
Now if I could only run across a US large cent. May have to drive south a ways to increase my odds on that.

Helluva' find, FPD!!!! Congrat's on a real rarity!

Iowa Dale
Those largies are like pests to me lol usually cant see much on them like this one I found last sat! Only found a 1846 tall date in great shape so far.

Send it in for slabbing//certification (PCGS & NGI are best)
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 22, 2018 01:27PM
People made fakes many years ago. There are 3-legged "Hobo" nickles (made today) very cheap around. (I dug a 16D Mercury.....fake :blowup:
(MS-61)

Re: Send it in for slabbing//certification (PCGS & NGI are best)
Date: May 22, 2018 06:44PM
I may have to do that. I do trust the coin dealer who looked at it as he has been in business a long time and spent quite a while looking
it over before he gave his opinion.

vlad
People made fakes many years ago. There are 3-legged "Hobo" nickles (made today) very cheap around. (I dug a 16D Mercury.....fake :blowup:
(MS-61)

Posted by: Mark in S.E. IA
Date: May 24, 2018 06:23PM
a big congrat's on the 3 legged Buff

HH
Mark

Etrac

X-505
10.5 DD 7.5 coil

Date: May 24, 2018 06:25PM
Thanks much Mark!
Onto the US large cent :)
Mark in S.E. IA
a big congrat's on the 3 legged Buff

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: May 27, 2018 06:43AM
Congrats on the great finds !

I don't remember seeing anyone else post a dug, three legged Buffalo in the detecting forums before.
I think yours is the first one I've ever seen - congrats !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Date: May 29, 2018 06:39PM
Thanks E-Trac-Ohio!
I believe OneGuy (Montana member) pulled one last year.

E-Trac-Ohio

I don't remember seeing anyone else post a dug, three legged Buffalo in the detecting forums before.

Posted by: oneguy
Date: July 13, 2018 10:44AM
floodplaindetector
Thanks E-Trac-Ohio!
I believe OneGuy (Montana member) pulled one last year.

Wow....!!!! Congrats FPD on the 3- legger!!!!!! Haven't been on this forum in a LONG time as I've all but quit coinshootin and now chasin nuggets. Good to see you're still banging out the oldies! Yes...I did dig a pretty nice 3-legger. From my research I "read" (take with a grain)….that one way to help determine a real from a fake is to look for the "stream" that makes it look like the buffalo is peeing? This was caused by the faulty dies when all the 3-leggers were struck...??? Here's some pics of my ONLY truly rare coin find...the 3-legger..... Up to 41 gold nuggets this season so far and lovin it!!!!!! Miss coinshootin but not the traveling to find them so hangin close to home chasing the yellow rocks...... Keep up the great work on the oldies!!!!!

Minelab Gold Monster 1000
E-Trac (13" Ultimate, 6" EQ2, NEL ss, Pro, X-1)
GPX 5000

Date: July 13, 2018 11:50PM
Thanks oneguy,

hope you keep pulling gold!

Dave

oneguy

Wow....!!!! Congrats FPD on the 3- legger!!!!!! Haven't been on this forum in a LONG time as I've all but quit coinshootin and now chasin nuggets. Good to see you're still banging out the oldies! Yes...I did dig a pretty nice 3-legger. From my research I "read" (take with a grain)….that one way to help determine a real from a fake is to look for the "stream" that makes it look like the buffalo is peeing? This was caused by the faulty dies when all the 3-leggers were struck...??? Here's some pics of my ONLY truly rare coin find...the 3-legger..... Up to 41 gold nuggets this season so far and lovin it!!!!!! Miss coinshootin but not the traveling to find them so hangin close to home chasing the yellow rocks...... Keep up the great work on the oldies!!!!!

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: July 29, 2018 09:45PM
Nice digs and congrats on the rare 3-legged buffalo!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login