Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Big Silver Spill at a new permission!
Posted by: cz70pro
Date: May 24, 2018 02:05PM
I recently got a new permission at a 1937 farmhouse just 10 minutes from my house and decided to hunt for about two hours before dark last night. It's a beautiful little spot to spend some time swinging the coil. After finding a few Wheaties right off the bat, I got one of those beautiful silver high tones. I looked down at the screen and saw I had an 02-46 signal banging steady from all directions. Those numbers don't come along very often so I just sat there sweeping over it enjoying the tone and numbers. I then dug a five inch plug hoping this wasn't going to be another bazinga and immediately saw two coins stuck together in the dirt. I didn't see anything else in the hole so I pulled them out and saw it was a 1954 Rosie stuck to a 1946 Wheatie. I thought there was no way those two, even stuck together, could read 02-46. I stuck my pin pointer back in the hole and it sounded off. I began to get really excited and I dug my finger into the side of the hole and a huge silver half slowly slid out into the middle of the hole! I got the Foo out and saw it was a 1952-D Franklin half in beautiful condition. I could also see where the other two coins had been stacked on top of it in the hole. This only the third Franklin half I have ever found. I've found lots of Walkers over the years but those Franklins always seem to be the most elusive for some strange reason.

I also ended up finding three other Wheats (oldest one 1937), an old copper brooch and an art deco period watch band clasp. Gotta love finding big silver 10 minutes from the house. HH everyone!

Re: Big Silver Spill at a new permission!
Posted by: Elton
Date: May 24, 2018 02:30PM
Nice Finds ........ You going back for more ??

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Date: May 24, 2018 02:45PM
Elton
Nice Finds ........ You going back for more ??

Thanks Elton. I'll probably find the time. lol

I'll probably be hunting this for a long time. Nice to have a go to spot right near the house.

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: May 24, 2018 06:23PM
Congrats on the big silver! you are right, halves don't come up often so it is sweet when they do..

Dave

Posted by: 1hotwire
Date: May 24, 2018 07:07PM
Good going .. after reading that it put a smile on my face and I can imagine how big your grin is !

Posted by: Elton
Date: May 24, 2018 08:42PM
:drool:...………….:thumbup:

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Date: May 24, 2018 11:21PM
floodplaindetector
Congrats on the big silver! you are right, halves don't come up often so it is sweet when they do..

Dave

Thanks Dave. The last half that I got with my E-Trac had been hit with a lawn mower and rang up 12-47. It was so nice to get that magic 02-46 on the screen and singing in the headphones.

Greg

Date: May 24, 2018 11:24PM
1hotwire
Good going .. after reading that it put a smile on my face and I can imagine how big your grin is !

Thanks hotwire. I am sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat with shaky paws. haha

Posted by: trojdor
Date: May 30, 2018 05:22AM
Sweet... :thumbup:

Nice recovery!

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: May 30, 2018 06:04AM
That's a real nice looking site - congrats on the great finds !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: Mkus
Date: May 30, 2018 07:33AM
Nice find! I've hit two franklins and 3 walkers this year so far and my first Morgan! I love seeing the big silver never gets old!

Date: May 30, 2018 10:58AM
trojdor
Sweet... :thumbup:

Nice recovery!

Thanks Trojdor!

Date: May 30, 2018 11:00AM
E-Trac-Ohio
That's a real nice looking site - congrats on the great finds !

Thanks Ohio. It is a great place to be able to hunt.

Date: May 30, 2018 11:01AM
Mkus
Nice find! I've hit two franklins and 3 walkers this year so far and my first Morgan! I love seeing the big silver never gets old!

Thanks Mkus. Yep, very few things better than seeing big silver in the hole.

New permission!
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: June 01, 2018 11:13PM
I love hunting places like that! Nice job with the Franklin. :thumbup:

The silver halves and dollars don't turn up as frequently as I wish they would.

Rich -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login