Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Accidentally Ran Etrac at onlyl 3 Sensitivity yesterday
Posted by: coin-star
Date: June 25, 2018 09:44AM
Background: I have decided to only use Etrac and an Equinox 600 and sell the rest of my detectors. I just got an Etrac this week.

Yesterday was my first outing with the Etrac. I have been reading the manual and playing with it indoors for several days while waiting for the rain to stop. We finally had enough sunshine to dry things out and I had about an hour to hunt before the rain started again. In my haste, I didn't realize I had left it on the sensitivity of manual 3 that I was using indoors. I went my in-laws house which was built in the 1930's and started searching in stock coins mode.

I actually found a 1944 wheat cent about 6 inches down. It was a strong signal in my headphones. I also found an interesting half dollar sized token from a bank. I haven't been able to date it yet.

Lesson learned, but impressive performance from such low gain.

CS

Re: Accidentally Ran Etrac at onlyl 3 Sensitivity yesterday
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: June 25, 2018 12:18PM
That is impressive,I wouldn’t think it would hit that at that depth in that setting. Makes a guy wonder how hot you really have to run it and still get depth. Of course there are other factors involved but sensitivity is a big one!

Posted by: AJ in PA
Date: July 25, 2018 06:00AM
This is really interesting. The next time I get a solid, deep signal with my E Trac I'm going to turn the sens down to 3 and see if the signal is still
there. I usually run mine at 27 manual.
Happy Hunting !

Posted by: sd51
Date: July 25, 2018 11:32AM
CS, you will enjoy your E-TRAC. Not sure if you know about the E-TRAC Emulator software. You can load it free and it helps your learn all the E-TRAC settings on your PC. There are files of gold and silver coins and jewelry so you can see how the E-TRAC responds to each. Go to www.thebeepgoeson.com and click on Downloads and Minelab Files.

Posted by: BHNugget
Date: August 25, 2018 07:28AM
Would be interesting to go back over the same area at a higher sensitivity setting and see what is pulled up.

Western SD
E-Trac,X-1
Sovereign GT,S-1
Ace 250

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login