Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Went On A Night Hunt And I Got Busted!...My 'sun-down' theory !!!??
Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: August 11, 2018 03:01PM
I would also make an observation that I am quite sure of. When hunting targets that are cooler or warmer than the dirt that surrounds them then they make a sharper or more easily detected sound. This i have noted mostly in sand beaches with some moisture. If the temps are cooler outside and the ground is warmer then I find a noticeable increase in good finds. In this same spot, which I hunted for some 13 years, If I hunt in the middle of the Day its like there is nothing left. But in the early morning or late evening when the air temp cools or warms the surface, then ill get much better results in the "how did I miss this category"

I know you may be reading this and think Im smoking crack...I don't and Im very serious. There is something about that.

NO...im not using the dowsing sticks either.

Re: Went On A Night Hunt And I Got Busted!
Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: August 12, 2018 06:06AM
A big congrats on the Capped Bust Half Dime and other great finds Dave !

Any Capped Bust coins are very rare finds indeed !

I really enjoy going on night hunts - did a lot of late night beach hunting in Maine a few years ago - no one around - a full Moon makes it even better !

Good Hunting !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Re: Went On A Night Hunt And I Got Busted!...My 'sun-down' theory !!!??
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: August 13, 2018 08:05AM
utahshovelhead
I would also make an observation that I am quite sure of. When hunting targets that are cooler or warmer than the dirt that surrounds them then they make a sharper or more easily detected sound. This i have noted mostly in sand beaches with some moisture. If the temps are cooler outside and the ground is warmer then I find a noticeable increase in good finds. In this same spot, which I hunted for some 13 years, If I hunt in the middle of the Day its like there is nothing left. But in the early morning or late evening when the air temp cools or warms the surface, then ill get much better results in the "how did I miss this category"

I know you may be reading this and think Im smoking crack...I don't and Im very serious. There is something about that.

NO...im not using the dowsing sticks either.

That's pretty cool. It's kind of like fishing. They bite better early morning and late evening. And you might be surprised that the dowsing rods could work out for ya.

Re: Went On A Night Hunt And I Got Busted!
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: August 13, 2018 08:07AM
E-Trac-Ohio
A big congrats on the Capped Bust Half Dime and other great finds Dave !

Any Capped Bust coins are very rare finds indeed !

I really enjoy going on night hunts - did a lot of late night beach hunting in Maine a few years ago - no one around - a full Moon makes it even better !

Good Hunting !

Thanks Mark! Yeah it's pretty peaceful out on moonlit stroll with the Etrac.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login