Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Sterling Bracelet
Posted by: sd51
Date: August 04, 2018 08:13AM
I had a 12-36 displayed on my E-TRAC yesterday and since a zinc penny gives a reading of 12-37, I figured I was going to dig another zinc penny. I was glad I dug this signal because it turned out to be a Sterling bracelet. The bracelet was laying flat which explains the low conductivity reading, I positioned the bracelet vertically on the ground and it gave a reading of 12-44 or 12-45 so always dig those conductive reading in the 30s. It weighed in at 1 3/8 ounces!

Re: Sterling Bracelet
Posted by: HighPlainsHunter
Date: August 04, 2018 09:01AM
That's a very nice find...

Date: August 04, 2018 09:30AM
Thanks, I was very surprised too. Funny thing, I was walking over to the restroom in the park and held my coil to the ground without swinging it as I walked and just watched the display for any signals.

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: August 04, 2018 06:06PM
Awesome Navajo silver piece. That would have made my day for sure.
Greg

Date: August 05, 2018 08:22AM
Thanks Greg, I've been showing it to some friends and a new guy at our rod and gun club mentioned he was snowmobiling with some friends thirty+ years ago and one of the ladies was upset and threw her gold engagement ring in the snow. Guess I need to check out this field...

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: August 09, 2018 06:04PM
That is a great find! I have found a couple native American bracelets over the years but nothing that thick.
Were you able to date it based on the stamping info ?

Dave

Date: August 13, 2018 05:11PM
Thanks Dave, no I wasn't able to date it on the makers website.

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: August 14, 2018 08:22AM
Nice one!

Date: August 16, 2018 11:54AM
Thanks Sooper Dave, guess I was due for something nice. I went back to the same area a few days later and found a sterling (925) ring with a blue topaz stone. Go figure?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login