Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nice Civil War Relics From A New Spot
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: September 23, 2018 11:57AM
I got permission to hunt a new spot close to some heavy CW action. It's a big lot that the house was torn down recently. Most of the ground has been disturbed but there is still some good ground around the edges. I hunted there a few times this week and have found a nice variety of relics. The targets are spread out all around and I think I've dug more shotgun headstamps from here than anywhere I've ever hunted, but if I skipped over those type of signals I would have missed the Eagle coat and cuff buttons. I dug some neat small buckles that I'm not sure if they were on a man's garter sock and I'm not sure if they're period? Also got a nice underplug off of a Bormann shell maybe? I went back yesterday and lucked up on a few more bullets and my last signal was down deep and under a huge root. I was excited to see it was a brass barrel band and it cleaned up nicely. It's marked with the numbers 12 and 99. I know enough that it's a barrel band but have no idea as to what type of musket/riffle it's off of. I appreciate any help I can get on an ID. HH-David

Re: Nice Civil War Relics From A New Spot
Posted by: pan4au
Date: September 23, 2018 05:09PM
A lot of Nice finds.. congrats

Tn. TH'er
Nox 800
Minelab E-trac..
Fisher 1266X
Fisher F75 SE
Garrett Master Hunter 7X
Garrett Freedom II Plus
Minelab Pro-Find 35
Modded Cen-Tech pinpointer

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: September 23, 2018 05:35PM
Awesome haul Dave! LOVE those small buckles. Never seen them before. The barrel band is killer and I know that sounded good on the E-Trac. Nice variety of bullets too. Got some more Williams Cleaners I see. Keep it up and can't wait to see what you find next. Greg

Date: September 24, 2018 08:30AM
pan4au
A lot of Nice finds.. congrats

Thanks!

Date: September 24, 2018 08:33AM
cz70pro
Awesome haul Dave! LOVE those small buckles. Never seen them before. The barrel band is killer and I know that sounded good on the E-Trac. Nice variety of bullets too. Got some more Williams Cleaners I see. Keep it up and can't wait to see what you find next. Greg

Thanks Greg! Yeah the barrel band was an awesome signal and as luck would have it, it was under a huge root and how I didn't destroy it trying to chisel it out from under there in the concrete soil is a blessing. We got a lot of rain yesterday and it should make for some easier digging. Good luck to ya!

Posted by: Normx2
Date: September 25, 2018 08:07AM
Nice finds, Some of the best CW relics are found at era homesites, brought home from the war to "roost"

Date: September 25, 2018 11:08AM
Normx2
Nice finds, Some of the best CW relics are found at era homesites, brought home from the war to "roost"

Thanks Norm. I agree about relics being around period houses. I find a lot of times that they camped around those homes and could have been used as a hospital. The house that was on this lot was built in the late 40's and was just recently torn down. The grounds that it was built on was part of a major battle.

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: September 26, 2018 06:01AM
Outstanding civil war finds Dave!
really like those buckles.

Dave

Date: September 27, 2018 09:50AM
floodplaindetector
Outstanding civil war finds Dave!
really like those buckles.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login