Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Random conductive noises on TTF
Posted by: jkline
Date: October 15, 2018 12:07PM
Hi everyone,

I've been using my etrac for almost a year. The machine has an annoying habit that is driving me crazy. I'll be slowly swinging the coil, in TTF (which i prefer), listening to the nulls and the iron noises, when I'll get a loud conductive noise, which makes me break my rythm to explore it, and there is nothing in the spot or iron. The machine does this regardless of setting (auto/manual, noise cancellation, etc).

Any suggestions for preventing an iron noise coming across as conductive?

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Random conductive noises on TTF
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 15, 2018 08:16PM
Jeff,I’m not an eTrac owner but I do own an Explorer2 and a CTX. I believe TTF is meant to be run wide open,no discrimination. You mention “nulls”,which is why I’m assuming you have some discrimination applied. If this is the case,you are simply hearing falses as the coil passes a nearby item such as large iron. When you go to investigate,it then sees the offending item for what it is. I believe your screen must be completely clear of any discrimination for TTF to be as effective as possible,as the idea is to never let it get into a null and let your ears do the sorting of the two sounds given.

Re: Random conductive noises on TTF
Posted by: Des D
Date: November 09, 2018 08:24AM
Are you running in 'Semi-Auto'?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login