Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coils x5 / 8x6
Posted by: WV62
Date: November 05, 2018 06:59PM
Just wondering if anybody out there has tried both coils the x5" and the 8x6" coil on the E-Trac. I have the x5" and was wondering if the 8x6 would be a step up or down?

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Re: Coils x5 / 8x6
Posted by: roadapple
Date: November 05, 2018 09:08PM
I have both coils and I must say I like both of them as they serve a purpose in trashy areas ! But your question is you want to know if one out performs the other. Well, the sunray X5 is very hard to beat and if you are looking for another small coil then the 6x8 is a winner, however if you really want a new coil then I would be stepping up to the 13 inch Ultimate coil ,as this is a game changer in depth and separation ! JMO

Posted by: WV62
Date: November 06, 2018 05:28PM
Thinks for the reply, I was kind of looking at the 6x8 as a replacement for the 5".

I will give some thought to that 13" Ultimate. I had one of those for my F75 and it seemed like a nice running coil but it didn't seem to improve on my finds.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 06, 2018 06:10PM
You are talking about three different size coils here (X-5 small coil, SEF 6X8 medium size & 13" Ultimate large size)--depends what you are trying to accomplish.---I have owned/used them all and if I were considering a choice between the X-5 & 6X8---it would be neither.---I would choose the Sunray X-8.-------The 13" Ultimate coil is a great coil but you (are hopfully) using it in a different type hunt situation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login