Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Coils x5 / 8x6
Posted by: WV62
Date: December 10, 2018 12:56PM
Okay Morgan,

Richard at Backwoods and I are closing the deal on a new 6x8 SEF coil, I am just waiting on payment instructions from him.

Big thanks for that air test you done for me, that is what iced the cake to make up my mind to buy.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Re: Coils 8x6 / 4.5"x 7"
Posted by: WV62
Date: December 10, 2018 03:12PM
Done deal on the 6x8 SEF, it is on the way.

Now for down the road, I spotted the little Detech 4.5" x 7" SEF, anybody out there tried it.? I would love to see an air test number on it with a silver dime target and the machine set to manual sensitivity 27.

I like the size of that little coil over the small round coils, just for a little more ground coverage and still should have good target separation.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: 88junior
Date: December 10, 2018 06:51PM
Ron Keith Southern liked that little coil in the iron infested sites he hunts. I tried one and I liked the smaller round DD'S better. Different strokes for different folks comes to mind.

XP Deus ORX 9" HF coil
Deep Fisher CZ 5 8" coil
Sunray Pro Golds
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Lesche hand digger
Whites Ground Hawg shovel
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: 88junior
Date: December 10, 2018 11:50PM
This may help you some Ron Bryce wrote reviews on a ton of FBS coils.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627

XP Deus ORX 9" HF coil
Deep Fisher CZ 5 8" coil
Sunray Pro Golds
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Lesche hand digger
Whites Ground Hawg shovel
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: jughed440
Date: February 05, 2019 10:14AM
I have both, but the SEF 6x8 is the primary coil for trashy sites that are relatively clear of brush...the X5 is used in the brushy areas.

Having both is like having a Phillips and a regular screwdriver in the toolbox.

E Trac, SEF 6X8, X1 probe, Gray Ghosts.
Garrett AT Gold, 5X8 coil, GPP.
Oldest coin to date...1829 Large Cent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 10:15AM by jughed440.

Re: Coils 8x6 / 4.5"x 7"
Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: February 19, 2019 05:45AM
I have a 4.5" x 7" coil - it's the best coil I've ever used for getting into tight spots - it's a pleasure to use but it does not hit as deep as the 6" Excelerator coil I used for years.

I was told that the width of a coil determines how how deep it will hit - true or false ?

I really like hunting the iron with small coils but if I could only own one coil - I think I'd pick the Sunray Stealth X-8 - a medium sized coil that offers the best of both worlds.

But the real bottom line is ...
If you hunted with any of the great coils discussed in this thread - at a "target rich" site - you'll go home happy !

Good Hunting !

WV62
Done deal on the 6x8 SEF, it is on the way.

Now for down the road, I spotted the little Detech 4.5" x 7" SEF, anybody out there tried it.? I would love to see an air test number on it with a silver dime target and the machine set to manual sensitivity 27.

I like the size of that little coil over the small round coils, just for a little more ground coverage and still should have good target separation.

Ron in WV

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Deteknix Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login