Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Knocked a big silver off the list
Posted by: utmike
Date: April 01, 2019 06:24PM
My wife and I hunted a lot (permission)Friday and Sunday where an older house had been torn down. Friday there were huge piles around where the foundation had been and we both found some wheats, mostly in the 40's and 50's but Lisa did get a few in the teens. My big find was a nice older marble. On Sunday, we planned to meet our friend Bill there and give it another try. The lot had been scraped level and deep. We thought maybe too deep and any good finds were probably beneath the 20' pile of dirt at the back of the property. The ground conditions were awful and none of us thought our machines were running well or reaching deep. I was trying out my brand new 6x8 SEF and was probably digging more iffy signals than I usually do and came up with a weird 12-31 signal that turned out to be some kind of calcified clump around a 42s war nick. Lisa started finding wheats again which gave us more hope. She pulled two advertising tokens and shortly after that, I got a classic 12-46 with a Barber quarter in the hole. Literally 5 steps from the quarter I got a sweet high tone and 9-46 on the meter. I thought for sure I'd find some aluminum siding, sprinkler head or something similar. About 3" down, I saw the big reeded edge, took a deep breath, brushed it lightly and was greeted with that big eagle reverse. BARBER HALF OFF THE BUCKET LIST! Thanks for looking! Mike.

Re: Knocked a big silver off the list
Posted by: WV62
Date: April 01, 2019 06:51PM
Congrats 2 nice Barbers in one day.

Still looking for my first Barber half,

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: michael NY
Date: April 01, 2019 10:53PM
Congradulations on knocking one off your list its a good feeling. That was my first half find was a Barber all 3 from same park now you have me thinking to look its mint marked to. It took me years to find my first Seated coin but few years ago nailed one. I like it when someone has a dream coin and finds it. Thanks for shareing neat story and pictures

Posted by: 1hotwire
Date: April 02, 2019 08:24AM
I call that a " Great Day " ! Congratulations

Posted by: Piedmontartifacts
Date: April 02, 2019 10:06AM
Awesome finds, congrats on the lister.

Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher F75LTD—F75+—GB2—f19
Keene 3” Ultra Dredge—A52

big silver off the list
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: April 20, 2019 09:25PM
:thumbup:

Deus
EQ800
CoRe

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: April 23, 2019 12:04AM
Woohoo! What a beauty it is. You found the one I am still after. The elusive Barber half. Huge congrats for scratching that one off your list Mike. Great hunt. ATB Greg

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: April 23, 2019 06:52AM
Great finds Mike. That barber half is a beauty. They are a very hard coin to find.

Dave

Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: April 23, 2019 09:07AM
Nice Barbers! Congrats on your first Barber Half!

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: April 24, 2019 05:24AM
A fantastic day - congrats !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Deteknix Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login