Findmall.com

Minelab E-TRAC Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Two Silver Half Dollars And One Is Another Seated!!!
Posted by: Sooper Dave
Date: April 12, 2019 11:07AM
So I went back Tuesday this week to my new permission that has been very good to me. I found my first Seated Half Dollar and Quarter on the last visit. So I get there and get geared up and basically set my detector on a nice high tone and not even six feet from my truck I dig a Franklin Half! I just chuckle at this luck as I take some pics of it fresh from the dirt. I checked the hole again and pull out a Rosie to make for a nice little spill. The next two holes were Indians and then a 3 ringer. I'm 5 minutes in and I already have a pouch full of goodies. The homeowner pulls in as I'm going for another signal and is fired up to show me where they uncovered some Civil War pits on the back of their property way back in the day. So we loaded up and went to looking but things have changed a lot and she couldn't remember exactly where they were. I had a lot of fun hearing the stories and history of the place as it got dark. I was told to come back and dig around whenever I wanted to.

So I went back last night to pick up where I left off digging every little squeak and blip the Etrac made. I dug a ton of trash and one fired bullet but it was slow going. I worked my way over to where I had dug my first Seated Half and to my surprise I locked in on a tight 12-46 12-47 signal really close by. I got so excited and as I was cutting the plug I was thinking there is no way this will be another. I flipped over the plug and that signal was screaming in the clod and I could see the dark soil around a coin. The excitement was intense as I revealed that big silver from the dirt and could see yet again another Seated Half and this one is a beautiful 1875s! I took about a million pics and did a little field cleaning to get a good look at her. Looks like someone carved their initials E.L.M on it and it so happens the owner's last name starts with M and it's been in the family for a long time so I will do some research or just ask them if it could be a relative's name. I searched around that area really hard but didn't turn up any more Big Silver. I did get over a nice General Service Eagle coat button and a beautiful dropped ring tail Sharps.

Re: Two Silver Half Dollars And One Is Another Seated!!!
Posted by: Jeff in Pa
Date: April 12, 2019 11:32AM
Oh my that is a sweet hunt!!

Congrats!

DEUS

Date: April 12, 2019 11:39AM
Jeff in Pa
Oh my that is a sweet hunt!!

Congrats!

Thanks Jeff!

Posted by: WV62
Date: April 12, 2019 11:59AM
WOW that is some really amazing finds.

Congrats and keep them coming.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Date: April 12, 2019 12:04PM
WV62
WOW that is some really amazing finds.

Congrats and keep them coming.

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron

Posted by: utmike
Date: April 12, 2019 02:52PM
Congrats again Dave! I'd pitch a tent on that site and not leave until nothing beeps! Great finds.

Date: April 12, 2019 07:58PM
utmike
Congrats again Dave! I'd pitch a tent on that site and not leave until nothing beeps! Great finds.

Thanks Mike! I plan on hunting it hard

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: April 12, 2019 08:37PM
That’s just not right man....I’d do many things for a Seated half. Two? Incredible....you have got to have some magic going on there! What a permission!

Posted by: floodplaindetector
Date: April 13, 2019 08:56AM
Outstanding find again Dave!. Awesome coin.
We are going through a bad spring flood and it just snowed over half a foot on Wednesday.
Summer will be half over by the time I get out and do some serious metal detecting :|

Dave

Date: April 13, 2019 09:53AM
IDXMonster
That’s just not right man....I’d do many things for a Seated half. Two? Incredible....you have got to have some magic going on there! What a permission!

Thanks man! Just some good luck, I've been coin hunting off and on for 28 years and this hobby still surprises me. You never know what you will dig next. Good luck the next hole could be that Seated half!

Date: April 13, 2019 09:55AM
floodplaindetector
Outstanding find again Dave!. Awesome coin.
We are going through a bad spring flood and it just snowed over half a foot on Wednesday.
Summer will be half over by the time I get out and do some serious metal detecting :|

Dave

Thanks Dave! I sure hate that winter is still kicking your butt up that way. Hopping warm weather comes soon for you to get out and dig.

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: April 13, 2019 02:34PM
Awesome hunt! Love that seated half. Looks like someone tried to scratch their name on it some time ago. So cool. Huge congrats Dave! ATB Greg

Posted by: Rolladex
Date: April 14, 2019 05:01PM
It don't get much better than that!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: April 15, 2019 05:59PM
Awesome silvers... those 2 half’s are on my wish list..

Date: April 16, 2019 10:15AM
cz70pro
Awesome hunt! Love that seated half. Looks like someone tried to scratch their name on it some time ago. So cool. Huge congrats Dave! ATB Greg

Thanks Greg! Yeah I would love to know who it is and the connection to this property. I will ask the owner the next time I'm over there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login