Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nickel day at the park
Posted by: Bill_S
Date: April 18, 2015 02:21PM
Went to one of my local parks and found a lot of clad but was surprised at the number of nickels. I used the V3i with the small 4x6 coil. I ran it wide open and assigned high tones to nickels and zinc pennies and above. Seems to work excellent for trashy parks.

Re: Nickel day at the park
Posted by: Rob in (Ca)
Date: April 18, 2015 07:39PM
Yes, The V3I is One of The best Discriminators out there, and with The 22.5 Frequency it loves Nickle's / low conductors, But it still can discriminate out small Iron while getting the small jewelry. :thumbup:

Jewelry Hunting The Sports fields & Beach's here in Long Beach ca,

Posted by: texjim
Date: April 19, 2015 05:29AM
Thats onething i did notice right off the bat when i got my VX3 is my nickle count improved big time.. Nice recoveries.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: April 19, 2015 05:37AM
Thats a huge nickel count in anybodies book! Nice work!:clapping:
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: April 24, 2015 11:02AM
Ah this is where ur hiding these days WJS! Anyway, I have been watching ur v3i videos and you pretty much sold me on one. I love the way u analyze the targets and i look forward to more videos. I posted this request on another forum, maybe you can help.

"I am asking if a fellow forum member(s) would provide a air test video on the whites spectra v3i using all analyze modes at fringe depths using the stock coil. I would like to see the polar plot, the "wave" mode, and the standard mode."

and

"What i would like to see is the readings(displays) on fringe targets. For example, how does the polar plot look on a quarter at fringe depth? How about the wave display? Are the lines closer together or farther apart? On the normal display with an air tested fringe depth quarter, is there a huge scatter? What I am trying to determine is, the CTX Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint is very weak at fringe depths, I am wondering if its the same case with the V3i. I am thinking on buying one."

Thanks!

Bey

Date: April 24, 2015 11:11AM
I will see what I can do but I believe the deeper the target the less accurate they will be also, especially in the ground. Will try to get to it by this weekend if no one else does. I may have time later tonight. I just got one of the new Detech ultimate coils for it and hopefully can test it this weekend too.

Nice recoveries Bill S ..........N/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: April 24, 2015 05:10PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors
" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: gwhamil
Date: April 24, 2015 05:40PM
wow, congrats on all those nickles. Could you post (or describe how to find) a link to some of your V3I videos. i would love to watch them.

Thanks,
Gary

Date: April 24, 2015 06:51PM
Some of my videos have ads in them so I cant post a link here but if you go to youtube and search for Dirtfishing (one word) you should be able to see all my videos.

Posted by: gwhamil
Date: April 24, 2015 07:49PM
Ahh, my bad. I didnt know who you were. i have subscribed to your channel and watched most of your videos. I personally think they are the best metal detecting videos on youtube. Thanks very much for all the hard work you do. I have learned a tremendous amount about my V3I by watching them. Thanks again.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: April 24, 2015 08:54PM
yup WJS is the real deal when it comes to great videos!

Bey

Posted by: juit
Date: August 25, 2018 04:56PM
do you have any setting for the v3i?

Minelab 705
Nokta relic
Fisher CZ5
Whites m6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login